History of Overgrow.com

Hi there, nice to see you back and keeping the flag flying.

Having noticed some mention of all data from the original sites being lost, I might be of some help there …

Back in 2007- 8 I owned and operated a site called cannanews.co.uk showing related news reports from the UK an also an interactive strain database. I collected data from many sources and having gone through them I can confirm that I do in fact have portions of the original site on my hard drive archives, and plenty of other articles referencing overgrow, strainguide.org, Beaudelaire and others. I would be very happy to hand over any or all of my archives to this website. Feel free to contact me. Perhaps it is time for me to put all of this information into a database - I have been putting it off or 10 years!

17 Likes

Wow cool!! I am sure @LemonadeJoe will like to see that.

2 Likes

Yes, this is good new!

Let it fly @Puddingsan

99%

2 Likes

Having just checked, my 2004 version of Overgrow seems to be incomplete but I am finding mirrors to cull back the data. Anything I can do in my power as a web researcher / developer / data scraper I am happy to oblige.

6 Likes

Hi @Puddingsan welcome to OG!
Thanks for generous offer, that sounds incredible…
I’m sending you PM so we can discuss details!

3 Likes

Only too happy to help the cause any way I can :wink:

You should have the file link by now - I am attempting to find other (complete) versions of the old site as we speak.

4 Likes

WooHoo! That is so cool. Thanks and welcome back @Puddingsan!

2 Likes

Screenshot has the banner and link to German sister site hanfburg.de

Yup. edge here.

2 Likes

1 Like

Interesting write up in High Times… I never knew that article was published… Such a diligent reporter and never reached out to me, haha the original builder of Overgrow… I was easily accessible and still in touch with many when the site disappeared… There is so much more to the real story

nl420…

13 Likes

Wild times full of interesting characters. I have some crazy stories.

4 Likes

One day someone is going to mention his name and he is going to appear.

7 Likes

Beetlejuice

beetlejuice

beetlejuice

6 Likes

Lord voldemort. Or candyman candyman candyman!

4 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work!

3 Likes

Wow no wonder my old post and handle (Master@Work) are gone and I can’t log in… I was around here back in 2000 to 2004. Was hoping to find my old archives but guess they are all gone :joy:

5 Likes

Hey guys,
So I was looking at some books I had downloaded and while I was looking through it I happened to stumble upon this. Looks a tad bit old though. Some kind of grow bible book.
Nice too see that we have been around for a while. Just thought I would share the find
Happy growing everyone !!

15 Likes

Nice find.
can you up it on some filesharing site ?
DS

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Any original OG members back?

You guys ever meet a new plug and the first trans? It kind of feels like that. If I had not been in a legal state and a med card holder I would not have taken the chances. Simple as that. Too much to lose.

I love this site and your ideas and philosophy. I so glad I found you guys. The state went legal last December and I have been giving away what seed I have to people who wanted to grow. Unfortunately that was never of known genetics. Going forward that will be changing. Glad you guys are up again. Somewhat happy to have missed the first round.

–cz–

7 Likes