Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Exactly!
The best geometry I’ve found is the large, spread out light bar approach. Much more even intensities center to corner.

Cheers
G

12 Likes

Migro array 4. Check it out. I also find it attractive because it’s small enough that it won’t touch the walls of my 2x4. Save me some paranoid anxiety.

I heard someone call the blisteringly powerful lights CO2 lights because that kind of power is not required unless your a CO2 guy, which I’m not.

Agreed. What good is 1500 if I have to hang it 36” from the canopy? Not good in a small tent.

9 Likes

Those are pretty good. I was checking those out a while back for my 2x4 veg tent, but I cheaped out on some $100 Amazon lights instead. I’m looking for a 5-600w bar style light for a 4x4 or a 5x5 that doesn’t break the bank. Mostly used for veg, but can also handle flower duties. My current veg lights are small and low wattage, and have too small a footprint for bigger plants that are spreading out. I was just searching through Holy’s thread looking for the link to the one he got. They have this light which caught my eye for a 2x4 though.

https://www.growlightscience.com/progrow-320

6 Likes

There is a reason they recommend 10 inches or so from the light for the optimal spacing. If I let a plant run all the way up and lay right on the leds and it all one spectrum and hot as hell …well I;m not gonna blame the genetics. Male or female.

3 Likes

I have had more problem with LED then HPS when it comes to hermies and other issues. Don’t know why, but I have had this issue since the day I bought my first led to now. The buds look so much better from hps and the terps is much stronger. I don’t know if it effects the high, but it feels like it does.

If I could i would go up to the addict and use the two 600 watt digital ballast i got there instead of the small led lights I got now. But HPS in small micro grow like I do, is not optimal. Especially if you want the plant count I got in that small space.

My belief is that the strong infra red wavelengths from hps are a lot closer to the sun then leds are.

Pz :v:t2:

7 Likes

I’ve got a ph-b8 640 in my tent, that I like a lot. Runs about 4900K light temp. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one; in fact I almost did, until I found an HLG 300 Bspec for a hundred dollars

6 Likes

Yeah grow light science is what I’m using now. Was using HLG qb288 RSpec boards but this gls is stronger. Bleaches tops at a higher distance. Better weight, better looks. I love it.

@LonelyOC
Bud never looked as good under hps as it does under led for me and forget the yellow and all that heat. If I see a bunch more herms because of it, cool, I didn’t want those plants anyways. Does not matter how “good” the flower is, the plant is bunk. Not gonna baby shit for one plant because it can’t take any stress.

10 Likes

Which GLS are you using? Im planning to grab one here soon for the new 4x4 thats on the way. Tired of flowering in 2x4s.

2 Likes

I just ordered this one. The one he got isn’t available

https://www.growlightscience.com/progrow-1800

3 Likes

Thats the one im looking at as well.

2 Likes

Looks really nice. I’m checking out their 2x4 option

2 Likes

I have the 640 that’s now discontinued. The 1800 is it’s replacement

2 Likes

Gotta order the dimmer separate, which is another $20. The 1800 doesn’t come with one.

1 Like

I’m interested in if that dimmer does 0-100 or if it’s like the built-in pot on the 320/640 that goes in steps only. 0-20-40-60-80-100.

I really want that command controller but been waiting on it due to the cost(~$190). Sunrise/sunset timing and full 0-100% control.

2 Likes

I’ll def let you know when mine gets here. Yea, I’ve been wanting the Growers Choice controller for my CMH lights so I can have those features, but it’s $299 lol. Need a 50% off sale or something

2 Likes

Interesting, if I’m remembered correctly, you are running maxi bloom aswell huh?

Yeah if the females are on the wrong side of the herm spectrum. There’s going to be more in following generations. I totally agree, I always torture my plants to spot which is which! Some say that you shouldn’t do that with breeding plant because of epigenetics. But from what I’ve read about epigenetic theories in school, it’s hard to know if it’s actually bad for the progeny if the mother is stressed. :man_shrugging:

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

Exactly. This is why I have an issue with LED lights. We know the sun is stronger than any LED out there, yet we can bleach our tops with them and not the sun. I have my LED’s dialed in pretty good now, but there is more going on there than just PPFD, PAR, Lumens, etc. There’s something in the spectrum the plants just don’t like too much of. As much as I hate adjusting power levels, I’ve found that running my FC65000 at the very top of my tent and adjusting the power level as they grow works best for me.

9 Likes

I think it’s smart. Big indoor grows. Where do you see the LEDS? Hanging a good distance above the grow. :100: I realize they are increasing footprint. They still flower excellent. You know they are cranking it come mid to late bloom.

3 Likes

You guys have probably seen the two Fire creek OG’s I have in my 4X4 now. The plants are at just above mid-level of the tent, so I decided to crank the light up to 75% of full power. In less than 24 hours they were barking at me over the intensity. I don’t know why, but every strain I’ve run in there does not like it over 60-65%. Maybe I’m just unlucky, maybe it’s the soil, I don’t know. I can hold my hand three inches away and feel heat, but nothing excessive. I can stand out in the Virginia sun for 5 minutes and burn like a mofo.

One more observation I’ve made is that the buds below the canopy are always frostier than the buds in direct light. I’ve seen this with every plant I’ve grown under LED’s. I was hoping maybe one of you more experienced indoor guys might have some insight on this.

Sorry to muck up your thread @HolyAngel . You have a lot more indoor experience than I do.

10 Likes

Too much of the blue light perhaps? That isn’t something you see at high noon or after when the sun is actually intense?

OTOH if a plant herms all over no sense keeping it. If a male in a small cabinet hits the light and flips out after a day or two…meh mabbe that would be on me. Again not all over, but rather right where it hit the light

2 Likes