Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Day 28

He’s put on another ~30% in height in the last week alone :eyes:
Pollen is coming for sure tho :yum:

Will start collecting soon image

40 Likes

He is going to outgrow your tent!!

6 Likes

Yeah, him and that Swiss Thai girl if they keep going like they have been. She’s like an inch from the top but seems to be slowing down a bit :thinking: she’s making buds now too but probably still gonna need to bend her over at some point. I need to check the pH again as it’s probably been off for at least a day or two. The male has been on the veg mix still. Need to get him switched over too.

13 Likes

Alright, PH was 6.08 so I bumped it down a lil bit.

In other news:

Flower Day 72

Skunk Tangerine

Week and a ~half to go! :muscle: I can definitely smell her when I open the tent, now that the BROG3 girl is outta there :joy: That’s a 1 gallon pot down there for reference

SSDD F2 #1

Please excuse the wire :see_no_evil: Never taken her this long before… Maybe she’ll go to 77 days? Maybe 84? :man_shrugging: Sour butter and blueberry muffins :yum:

41 Likes

Looks like those 3 OG Kush yielded the same amount of flower as the one Bubba Kush did :eyes:

I bet that skunk Tangerine yields more :yum:

24 Likes

Yea, if you don’t get those buds up in the light, it’s just larf and light. Still decent but not as good as the tops. I got about 10 oz on the last run in a 2x4 off two plants but didn’t net. If I had likely all of it would have been hard nugs

That’s a real nice result on the Bubba. Yield isn’t the most important thing here. That report of the BROG 3 was unexpected. I had thought the one that would likely be the best on the pain front would be the Bubba. Haven’t seen a smoke report of it yet tho.

5 Likes

Beautiful nuggs, Holy. I was an idiot and got rid of my skunk tangerine to make room for some other plants, but I like it; if you can handle the flavor, it’s really good. :yum: I can’t wait for the harvest and to read your review!

5 Likes

Yeah, the top 1/3 of the OG’s were solid and the bottom 2/3 were a bit airy due to lack of canopy management and them being crowded out by the others. My fault there. All of its sticky AF tho and loud! Louder than the bubba kush is. Potency is good too. Pretty much the same as the bubba in that department. Neither is anywhere near TK sadly, but they aren’t mids either. The OG has an extremely similar high and same legs as the bubba kush. Actually, a lot of the flowers look similar too. I had a hard time telling them apart at times while hanging/trimming. Had to look at the tops and really get my nose in there. The back half of the OG’s smell IS the bubba kush’s smell. Same muscle relaxation effects. I was surprised on the bubba yield for sure. But neither one do anything for my pain sadly.

The black river og #3 tho, that girl is definitely the loudest plant I’ve ever seen in person and confirmed deletes my pain in a couple puffs. Couldn’t feel my arms after the last sample I had from chop day. Unsure on daytime/nighttime herb yet. She’s at day 3 of hanging so will no more soon but I’m excited for that one.

@herojuana.tom I gave my skunk tangy cut to my father in law in case I want her back lol Ive heard she’s straight mids but also that the smoke and high are still good if you like the flavor like you’re saying. Guess I’ll know soon enough, I haven’t actually taken any samples of her but she looks really dank. Be sad if she is indeed mids :joy:

19 Likes

I found that interesting and was going to ask how the bubba stacks up against your ssdd for pain. My Triple Sunshine seems to have some muscle relaxing attributes as well so that really caught my attention. I just assumed the muscle relaxing qualities would translate to pain killing. Very interesting!

Also looking forward to seeing how your SSDD changes going this late. I feel like mine doesn’t feel as ‘complete’ when harvested in the 60s and really needs to hit 70-75.

11 Likes

My ssdd doesn’t really have the muscle relaxation effect at all that I’m aware of :thinking: but two hits in and she melts the nerve related pain from things like carpel tunnel, tendonitis, sciatica, etc. If you have crink in your neck, can’t turn your head all the way one direction type pain, she alleviates that. She has the warm blanket effect and all that Bodhi describes, but not smoke a bowl and feel my back untense/relax like how the bubba and that OG seem to do. They just don’t touch that nerve pain.

The TK does neither nerve-relief nor muscle-relaxation. Just a glorious high :heart_eyes: lol

We’ll see on the changes here for sure soon. I think the longest I’ve taken her is 68 days :thinking: I like her at 57 days as she’s 100% functional then and still really potent with all of the effects, just not in full force. I’ve had people get anxiety/raciness off of her picked then but I haven’t. I love it as I can work on her and alleviate the pain at the same time. At 68 days she was much more evening/nighttime weed and much heavier in the effects department. I can’t smoke her during the work day like that, I’d pass out half way through :joy: She’s going to at least 77 days this round though.

18 Likes

Haha sounds familiar. I still have memories of how miserable it was trying to get through a day at work after consuming SSDD (70-75+ days). The day just dragged on and on…

8 Likes

Ssdd×bubba…boom nerve and back pain.

6 Likes

Yeah I might have to reverse the bubba or something…

In the meantime, did someone say SSDD foxtails?

Day 74

This blurry shot reminds me heavily of the bx1 I ran a year or two ago

SSDD F2 #1 :arrow_up: SSDD F2 BX1: :arrow_down:

Skunk Tangerine

46 Likes

Fingers crossed that I like the taste of the Skunk Tangie and she’s not mids! Looks like mine will be a big plant.

11 Likes

lol.

So I have 3 of @HolyAngel 's SSDD BX1 F2’s running AND I have clone of Bubba Kush: Matt Berger Cut …so if I find that there’s a male in the 3x SSDD it’s happening! :rofl:

21 Likes

I never thought the smoke was mids. In fact, I thought the smoke was much better than most any of the other cookies stuff I had going at the same time. I’ll be harvesting some in just a few weeks myself.

14 Likes

Oh that’s good to hear! I hope that’s the case because there’s gonna be quite a bit of her around soon :joy:

Hell yeah! :partying_face:

15 Likes

I have read, directly from its breeder, that the 9-lb hammer will only produce 2- or 4-lb hammers if not grown correctly :sweat_smile: Similarly, pulling 12-week Sour D at week 9 or 10 will produce the same midsy results… boo-boo. But when grown correctly, and allowed to finish, they all shine a little brighter!

I pulled my ST at 9 weeks, so mine is definitely midsy… it definitely isn’t Loompas nor TK, but it does have a solid kick when allowed to go a full 12 weeks. But I can’t stop smelling and smoking it… I really enjoy its extreme pungency and flavor profile :yum:

17 Likes

Yeah that’s what i’ve been hearing about it. Least from those that like the flavor. Idk how I’ll feel on the flavor for now. My understanding of it possibly being mids is in relation to TK actually

But if its better than cookies, it can’t be mids lol

13 Likes

He said it was the BROG 3 for the pain so you would want that to be SSDDxBROG3 One of those reversed Or Bubba (Berger) x BROG3

6 Likes