Holy's Garden (Part 1)

I literally got it yesterday lol… Did not get a chance to use it this grow, but I’ll have it for the next ones at least. Using Clorox has been totally fine in the meantime as far as I can tell. Just have to re-apply every 5 days or so depending on the res.

I definitely want to run that g13 x blueberry headband soon. I just didn’t have time this grow. I might try and run that and/or the gorilla breath after this grow, not sure yet. I wish the state would increase the plant limit… I’m also waiting on a pack of that NL5xHaze x Sensi Star from agseedco. And after trying some of my friends Northern Cheese Haze from Mephisto, I am seriously considering buying some of those before they go out of stock. I gave away all the single seed strains I had in that list except for the Blue Dream from HSO. I think there might be something good in that one.

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to read all this!
I think I’m gonna chop her tomorrow(saturday) night when the lights come on. There’s a couple amber on every bud and almost no clears left. I know I could wait a couple days longer… but I also need to make sure I have more than enough time to do a slow dry and get the cure going before my potential week long trip that’s coming up. Thanks again!

5 Likes

Is that .1 grams for a 10 gallon rez of freshwater?

1 Like

yeah that is what I’ve been told. And you need for sure 3ppm to kill everything so usually add .3 grams per 10 gallons of freshwater.

4 Likes

I dug a bunch of stuff up trying to find answers before…I dont trust my cheap scale, so I like going by volume…most used recipe I found was 1/4 tsp. poolshock into 1 gallon of water. Use 2ml of this solution per gallon of water in the res.
Keep us updated on your usage and doses! Judging by your journal you’ll do that anyway…lol

3 Likes

oh that could be a good idea! I have a decent scale and some calibration weights to be sure, so I can try and weigh everything out and do the math and post it. That would be way easier than trying to measure out .1 or .2 grams every time.

4 Likes

Totally!! Would be awesome to confirm weight to volume!!

3 Likes

Alright just harvested!

Had to run two lines criss-cross across the top of the tent to have enough room to hang all 8 branches. Got an oscillating fan to move air around the tent but not blow directly on the buds, temp 65, humidity 60%. Have a humidifier set to 50% just in case and the cloudline extraction fan is set to 60%. So far so good.

Damn does she have a strong lemon-berry smell! Hope that comes through the most. Now for a slow dry and a trim. I ordered a CannaBrush as I’d seen it recommended, figured can’t hurt to try for the ~$30 is costs.

29 Likes

Well change of plans. Thanks to this coronavirus my vacation was cancelled, but that means I can start the next run sooner than I thought!

I’m 7 days in to slow drying this one. Stems don’t snap just yet. I lowered the RH to 55%. I did snip and quick-dry 4 smaller side branches earlier as I was running low on herb, got about 7 grams all said and done. These 4 branches were all popcorn buds. The buds are kinda airy? but still dense… The smoke is pretty decent but I’ve only tried it through my Dynavap, the potency is there though. I still get a lemony taste and lemon-berry smell too even with the trim+quick-dry, so that’s good.

Will be better once she finishes drying here in a few more days. Once that’s done I’m gonna transplant the Russian Snow and Purple MAC directly into the two 10gal DWC totes and start veg from there.

16 Likes

Sterile Reservoir Information
So from everything I can gather from the internets, this is what I got.

To remain sterile, you need to have around 3-4 ppm free Chlorine in your water at all times. Anything 2 ppm or below isn’t going to going be enough to keep things clean, and anything over 6 ppm can be harmful to the plant. Seedlings and clone’s should stay at or under 4 ppm and no more.

Clorox Bleach @ ~8.25% Strength
0.1 ml / Gallon of RO Water = 1 PPM Free Chlorine

Standard Dose at 0.3ml per Gallon of Reservoir RO Water

So if you have a 10 gallon res, you would use 3ml per 10 gallons, every 3 days in order to maintain that 3 ppm free chlorine. If you had a 5 gallon res you would use 1.5ml per 5 gallons, every 3 days in order to maintain that 3 ppm free chlorine.

Note: If you have City/Tap water that is already chlorinated you may only need to add 1-2ppm of free chlorine to your water in order to maintain the proper level anytime you’re doing a major water change or top off(dose the new water). However remember to dose the full amount in between water change/res swap days in order to follow the every 3 day dosing recommendation.

For a Concentrated Solution:
I thought about making a less concentrated solution but I think it’s kind of redundant IMO.

HTH PoolShock @ ~45% Strength
0.1 Grams / 10 Gallons of RO Water = 1 PPM Free Chlorine

Drop ~ 0.025 Grams
Smidgen ~ 0.1 Grams
Pinch ~ 0.35 Grams
1 tsp ~ 4.6 Grams
1 Tbsp ~ 15.9 Grams

So if you have a 10 gallon res, you would use 0.3 grams per 10 gallons, every 3 days in order to maintain that 3 ppm free chlorine. If you had a 5 gallon res you would use 0.15 grams per 5 gallons, every 3 days in order to maintain that 3 ppm free chlorine.

Note: If you have City/Tap water that is already chlorinated you may only need to add 1-2ppm of free chlorine to your water in order to maintain the proper level anytime you’re doing a major water change or top off(dose the new water). However remember to dose the full amount in between water change/res swap days in order to follow the every 3 day dosing recommendation.

For a Concentrated Solution:
There’s a couple ways to do this, but this is the easiest I thought of

Concentrate 1
8tsp of poolshock ~ 36.8 Grams
1 Gallon RO Water

This should come out to roughly 3680 ppm’s of concentrated chlorine.
1ml Concetrate ~ 0.97ppm
Standard dose at 3ml per Gallon of Reservoir RO Water for ~3ppm/gallon.

11 Likes

Ugh… Dry trimming sucks so hard. It’s been 10 days of hang drying. They’re just about ready so I just spent like 5 hours today and got 3 of the 8 main branches done and trimmed.

So far a total of 82 grams so I think I actually am going to hit the 4oz weight I wanted in order to hold me over until next harvest. Really I think there’s a chance I could hit up to 6oz which would put this grow right around 0.5g/w, not bad for some major fuckups on a not even 3ft plant for a first grow in like 15 years.

She has a strong Lemon-Berry smell all. day. long. God must = Lemon in this case :laughing: Taste is pretty similar through the dynavap. The potency is definitely on-par with all the high-end herb I’ve gotten from my local dispensary, and better than 99% of the black-market commercial I’ve ever had.

The high, just like FoS’ description of this strain, is pretty narcotic but I don’t really get a “wheelchair buzz” out of it unless I overindulge… granted I picked it a week or so earlier than I would have otherwise but she still had some amber, 5% or so. Definitely pain killing and relaxing. Still pretty clear headed but again, I haven’t massively indulged in her either. 2 caps of the dynavap back-to-back has me kinda wanting to reel back in my chair for a few minutes but really it’s fine.

This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, so I’m pleased. Definitely gonna be running her again for damn sure, and that time there won’t be any root issues and I’ll take her until she’s fully ripe, 20% or so amber.

But until then, we have a Russian Snow and a Purple MAC to get going in this DWC as soon as I can finish trimming the rest of her up. Will get pics of them here soon.

16 Likes

So another 7 hours later :sob: and I’m done!
172 Grams, and I have almost that much in trim too.

Got the buds separated and sitting in cardboard boxes in a ~65F/50RH controlled room for another couple days before I jar them. Not trying to be burping every hour or anything.

I put the trim in gallon ziplock bags and stuck them in the freezer for now. I picked up some all mesh bubblebags and I’m thinking of getting some dry ice and just shaking out all the kief rather than doing ice water hash…

In other news, gonna take a break for a day lol. Will probably repot the Russian Snow and Purple MAC into the DWC tomorrow, will take some pics of that too but yeah, need a break. Here’s some pics!

Purple MAC

Russian Snow

And the Godberry mom is pulling out of the miracle grow burn and I’m giving her some LST.

I really dislike soil for the moment. I feel like I don’t have much control and it scares me lol. I didn’t have any soil nutes except for some 5 year old foxfarm nutes so I bit the bullet and found the application to apply for a free sample of nutes from Nectar For The Gods on their website. Took a couple weeks and I was approved. $38 dollars later and it turns out these guys don’t fuck around.

6x 1 Liter bottles, plus like a 250ml bottle of their custom ph up, and a bottle of their foliar spray. I don’t need any of it yet but can’t hurt to have it.

13 Likes

nftg is a solid product. Pricey if you buy in the small bottles. I had a little trouble dialing it in early on. but the ‘nftg growers bible’ on Trello shines alot of light, cuz just following the feed chart will not do, on any level.

3 Likes

Oh nice! Thank you for that, I will definitely check that out because yeah, they only gave the sample guide and I was weary of it lol. Thanks!

2 Likes

That stuff works well. Go ahead and buy another bottle of the Herc harvest. At 30-60ml per gallon of it the bottle should be 4 times the size of the others. Lol. But, it grows good product. Gets expensive once you start paying for it. I had a couple friends apply for the free sample pack for me so i ran through 2 of them. Still have one sample pack left minus the herc harvest because they dont give you enough to last throughout the other bottles.

5 Likes

oh damn! Will keep that in mind then. I just wanted to try it for the time being but that’s good info to know if I do stick with it. Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Oh man, kinda wish I waited until I was feeling 100% better. Need to pass out now but I got everything cleaned up and wiped down and set back up again.

Went with the 10gals again so using 4gal of water. I have 2 of the 4" cylinder air stones, 1 at each end and then a 12" flat one to span the length of the tote. These are split between 3 air pumps. Should be good.

Both plants had a good 5-6 inches of roots and I washed off as much of the Happy Frog as I possibly could. Weaved the roots through the pots and filled em up with hydroton.
Russian Snow

Purple MAC

Nutes:
Tap Water = 160PPM
2ml/gal Aqua Flakes A+B
2ml/gal Diamond Nectar
1/2 tsp Espom Salt
0.15g HTH PoolShock
420PPM and 5.8 PH

Lights: I was at 23k lux using the 4k qb’s in the veg tent, now that they’re under the Rspec’s I lowered it to about 20k lux.

See how this goes…

12 Likes

Any chance you can get the weight of 1 level teaspoon of poolshock (using a measuring spoon)?..I dont trust my scale.
I use 1/4 teaspoon poolshock to 1 gallon of water…then use that solution at 2 fluid ounces per gallon in dwc. Just want to see if the math works out.

2 Likes

Nice harvest there, looks like your yield exceeded your expectations which is always fun (and rare lol). Those roots looked perfect!

3 Likes

My scale is saying 5.1 grams for 1 level teaspoon. i filled it and used the edge of another spoon to level it and then poured it on my scale.

3 Likes

So I’m using 1.275 grams per gallon. Solid! Thanks, bro!!! Close enough to 1 gram per gallon.

3 Likes