Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Well we may actually have our work cut out for us trying to identify anything early from leaf morphology, save for maybe the really fat ones or 11 bladers most likely being kryptonite… After going over a ton of TK crosses here and elsewhere, it looks like most of them put out plants with 7 bladed leaves. Very few with 5 blades only.

And interestingly, the TK S1’s seem to put out some thicker 9 bladed leaves too :thinking:

28 Likes

What it looks like when you don’t monocrop a table

Everything coming along though. Least managed to slow down or stop the yellowing for now by raising EC to 2.4-2.5ish. Only the smallest amount of tip burn on the SSDD from too much nutes. “Burn” on the SS#2 is from lack of nutes. I’m going out of town today and won’t be back until Monday so pics now and see what they look when I get back…

StarShine #2 (SSDD F2 #1 x (A5 s1 x 89 NL5)) - Day 47
Seeded:

Unseeded:

SSDD F2 #1 - Day 43

Tri Force - Day 38

I forgot to mention I root drenched all these with the azamax too. I saw a noticeable difference in improved growth almost overnight in my older clones :thinking: Guessing they really needed it. I’ve culled one Tri Force so far. Was up to 12 blades(mutant), Stem-rub/leaves reeked of acrid 89nl, and was a male. Starting to see gender in these now :crossed_fingers:

Kryptonite #1, 2 Milky Way’s, and the NorthStar #4

Still just waiting to be uppotted, waiting to make sure they’re bug clean first. Still need to take a clone off the Krypt and NS4 when I get back.

35 Likes

Looks fantastic! Lovin them bud shots.

10 Likes

Everything still look good when you got back?

4 Likes

Oh yeah, things still lookin good once I got back yesterday. Just in time too as they would’ve been bone dry had it taken an extra day…

Flower Tent
StarShine #2 (SSDD F2 #1 x (A5 s1 x 89 NL5)) - Day 50

Seeded:

Unseeded:

Still fading pretty hard but should be good, just missing out on some weight but oh well. Looks like fat-ish bracht structure… Leaves already ambering up but flowers still mostly clear. Figure somewhere by day 63 or so but we’ll see.

SSDD F2 #1 - Day 46

I usually take this one around day 56/57 so 10 more days. May let her go a bit longer…

Veg Tent
Tri Force (Triangle Kush x (NL2 x 89NL)) - Day 42/35

Still waiting on gender reveals :thinking:
Have some favorites in these so hopefully find some nice girls soon.

Milky Way’s/Kryptonite#1/NorthStar#4

Think I’m going to up-pot these into 3 gallon fabrics instead of 1 gallons. Will give them a bit more room for roots to spread out and will be easier to do. Took a clone each off the NS4 and K1 when I got back last night :crossed_fingers:

Found and ceremoniously burninated the cursed pack of beans I got awhile back, and then saged the F out of me, my house, and grow area’s, to remove whatever curse has been put upon me/us over here.
Also have to schedule a doctor’s appointment for this weird mass growing in my neck… Hopefully just a cyst or something benign :roll_eyes:

32 Likes

I think the TriForce is here to bring the luck back :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Speaking of Tri Force…
Still no gender reveals on the rest of these yet… slightly unheard of for me. Pretty much everything I’ve popped in the last few years has shown preflowers by 30ish days in and these just aren’t at all. Maybe there were a couple plants I actually needed to flip to see… I’m just going to wait it out and see what they do. We’re almost to non-symmetrical node growth.

These two circled in yellow, in the right tray, have a very woody stem rub which should mean 100% TK leaners. The one’s to the right have a very acrid type stem rub that is 100% the 89NL grandfather. There’s a couple other one’s that have a bit of a mix of the light wood type smell and that strong acrid type smell. Almost wanna call it citrusy just for the potency of the smell in the way it hits you but its more like dogshit in that regard :sweat_smile:

Is it bad I’m kinda looking for the slower plants with worse root growth? :sweat_smile: that’s what the TK is. The super vigorous one’s seem to be more 89NL leaners :thinking: Can’t put past finding a super vigorous 89NL leaner that puts out TK flowers tho :crossed_fingers:

23 Likes

Haha! I mean, if that’s what the TK does and you’re looking for TK-leaners, then no, it isn’t bad haha.

How long have they been vegging for?

The eight plants I was able to save STILL aren’t showing sex, 54 days in. There’s pre-flowers, but I’m not seeing the beginnings of balls on any of them. Which means they’re either taking forever to show or they’re all females. I have a very hard time believing that they’re all females, though haha, just because of my usual horrible M:F ratios.

If they are all female, though, I am so screwed haha, got 14 more plants one month behind them…

8 Likes

43-ish days in, some are a few days behind. I don’t even have preflowers though! Only one in 11 have shown preflowers so far and that was a male so he’s gone. 54 days is doable. I still need more side branches to come out so I can take a few clones off each one. Unsure if I’ll flower the seed plants or not. I may just flower the clones as it should be even easier to see the plants that structurally lean to the TK that way. Improved TK would be nice! So far though I’m seeing a lot that are improved 89NL. Need to hurry up and see how these flowers turn out.

9 Likes

That would be funny if you get all females!! Maybe your luck has changed!!

5 Likes

Are you going to explore the improved 89nl also?

5 Likes

Maybe the TK is recessive?

On the three Nikahs I have growing now, there’s one that’s thrown the occasional trifoliate, which I think I’ve read is a TK trait. Or an OG trait, anyway. I haven’t found any on the other two. And I’ve actually been looking for it and trying to make observations this grow, too haha.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’d be kinda funny, especially because I said,”I think this is finally gonna be the grow where I end up with more females than males!” But I also wasn’t planning on planting fourteen more seeds to replace the ones that burned up in the shitty soil mix when I said that haha…

I really have no idea what I’m gonna do if those eight turn out female, though, for real. I guess I’ll just hope that I get the usual gawdawful M:F ratios from the fourteen behind them haha…

7 Likes

I think the TK is really recessive but I can’t be sure yet. I don’t have a single three bladed leaf anywhere on these. They’re all 7/9/11+.

Traits I’m looking for potential TK leaners are

1. woody type stem rubs. Can’t really get better than that. Just a light wood scent of some kind. Not cedar or pine… idk.
  2. fairly thin leaf blades
  3. 7 or less blades per leaf, with 3 and 5s only preferred!
  4. slower growth in veg and especially roots

Oh yeah you know it! I’ll flower all I got here that are girls and definitely on the lookout for a new male too :wink:

8 Likes

Yeah, I know that “woody” smell you’re talking about. It’s like an “indefinable” woody smell haha. I don’t usually do stem rubs or anything, but I’ve gotta water in a little bit, I’ll see if any of those Nikahs have that going on.

So you think trifoliates are a sure sign of TK-leaners in the crosses? Good to know. I thought I’d read that somewhere, but I wasn’t positive.

Maybe I should take clones of that one Nikah… haha!

7 Likes

Yeah the TK clone, only puts out leaves with 3 and 5 blades and never any more than that. Idk about OMG but id bet shes not throwing those 3 bladed leaves. If it’s got the woody stem rub too… man I’d definitely clone it if you got the space :pray:

7 Likes

I’ve had plants go almost 2 months before showing any pronouns. Someone on OG said when their seedlings hit 6 nodes, they put the plants under 12/12 for 2x light cycles and it shortend their reveal party.

I’ve tried it twice, and the plants showed in 36-46 days… a land speed record for my space.

I also fucked up, and gave some 2x cycles of dark. That didn’t help!

How’s that work? When I see a pre-flower, it’s either obviously got pistils or balls. Anything else is not a flower, in my mind. Are you talking something like pre-pre-flower?

8 Likes

I finally got off my ass and watered a second ago, totally forgot to do a stem rub haha! Shit… They all smell real good, but I wasn’t picking up on any woody notes or anything (wasn’t looking for it, either haha). Pretty much just that typical herbal, sorta minty “veg smell.”

Welllllll, this is what I’m kinda getting at, is that I’m so used to finding so many males every grow that I feel like if I’m not seeing balls (pre-balls? Haha), I just assume something’s not right. I’m for sure doubting my eyes right now. Because there’s no way I ended up with eight females from eight plants, right? Right??? Haha.

I dunno, we’ll see. I’ve had them on a 15/9 schedule for the last four or five days, just to see if maybe I can get them to really start switching into pre-flower mode or whatever. It’s almost like I WANT some of them to show male or something haha. What I don’t want to do is spend time transplanting all of them into seven-gallons, only to find out four or five days later that some of them are male. Doesn’t look like it right now, though.

They’re all getting transplanted on Friday regardless, unless I see some balls before then. It’s time to get ready to flip, for sure, waited too long to transplant already.

10 Likes

I had a veg timer screw up, and was running 15/6, and the mature girls went into flower. Are yours alternating branches yet?

You need to get lazier. No new shoes til you put out :slight_smile:

I never went 8 for 8, but I did go 5 for 6 with Gojis… I wish they’d been my cup of tea!

8 Likes

Thats how Bodhis Mountain Temple has been for me. Very slow veg, slow root development, slow sexing. Painful. But the flower smoke is wonderful. I’ve noticed alot of what I’ve crossed to the MT has the same progeny. This time is slightly different though, the Congo Haze really fought to pull through. Out of 4 seeds only one is like the MT.

Any how…im loving your shit Holy! Keep it up!

10 Likes