Home made MotherBucker details

This is my homemade MotherBucker in action. Damn camera was out of focus while shooting but still shows well enough to see how nicely this machine works. I first built this last year and put up a video, but since then a year has gone by and I am pleased to report that it works perfectly at a tiny fraction of the cost of a commercially built machine. This series of postings/images will show enough detail for you to build your own. All you need is an old wringer washing machine, some 3M anti-slip tape, and a piece of stainless steel to make the bucking plate…

Backside view of the MotherBucker. You can see the anti-slip tape on the wringer roller and the stem that I put through on the video.

Close up of the wringer rolls shows the anti-slip tape. The staining is from the many pounds of herb that have been processed! The anti-slip tape is a 3M product that can be seen here: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b00008068/

This is a view of the bucking plate. It is made of 3/16 food grade stainless steel and the holes are 1/2" down to 1/8". You can see the deposits of resin on the holes…

Two more views of the bucking plate.

The bucking plate is designed/shaped to just slip in front of the wringer rollers. The mounting frame that holds the wringer rollers keeps the bucking plate from moving as the stems are pulled through it. No extra mounting bolts or anything was required to hold the bucking plate in place on my particular machine. Your requirements may differ depending on the design of your machine.

The bucking plate installed. The MotherBucker is now ready to go!

15 Likes

Ha! I love this. Great idea good sir.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Look at the old ringer washer, that is too cool. Great repurpose there.

2 Likes

Is it and old ringer washer? LED wasn’t even invented.

1 Like

Oh, it’s an oldie!

2 Likes

Absolutely Brilliant !!

That’s the best old school mod I’ve seen in years!
:+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

I remember the MotherBucker

WholeObeseGrayfox-max-1mb
:joy:

1 Like

Those bone-crunching noises were oddly very satisfying… FANTASTIC REPURPOSE BUILD @nissan_ranger !

3 Likes