Hopefully more than a mota of mota's mota

@CapnCannabis You should really check out some of the autos that @ReikoX has developed. All of them I have grown were indoors but they were great producers (even for an auto - I got 12 oz and 7 oz + from two plants) with a little quick training. The flowers are staggeringly beautiful and amazingly potent. Like you I’m a photo guy at heart but I haven’t written off autos as a quick ‘sometimes’ grow. :v:

11 Likes

I will be most interested now.I haven’t gone to the dark side just yet …….getting weaker to it

5 Likes

I’ve grown a few both outside and indoors. They tend to stay small but you can get some nice yields if conditions are right. Its nice to get a harvest a little earlier in the season before your photos are done. If you plan things out and stagger your plants you could get a couple of harvests in a summer. Treat em good and they’ll do fine :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi @mota
Nothing like sun
Huge and beaultiful cannabis plants

4 Likes

@mota I have grown auto’s outdoor and indoor, compared outdoor auto produces the same amount of usable cannabis either way. How much Trichome production happens outdoor is more because of the natural light and length of time. Indoor can produce excellent cannabis with auto’s… all of it depends on one thing. The seed.
@ReikoX has produced excellent auto’s and feminized auto’s, I have grown them indoor and out with incredible results.

I can send you GLO autofem seeds if you want to try your experiment for free, it taste chocolate kinda mocha.

Have a Great Wednesday. :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Well, I have grown autos only a few times outdoors, but I was favorably impressed.
@ReikoX Divyders were small, easy plants which produced (to me) surprisingly nice flowers.
The primary advantage to you would be an earlier harvest than with your photo plants.
They will begin flowering outdoors regardless of the amount of light they receive.

Good luck, and have fun!

6 Likes

I’ve really got to get out in my backyard (when it stops raining!) and clear my containers from last year’s grow. I think this year I will be using all new potting soil. Last year was about half new, half from 2021.

Tomorrow the first round will go into Solo cups.

Thank you, @Calyxander, @Heliosphear, @Pleasantrees420, @BU2B, @CapnCannabis, @CanuckistanPete and @FieldEffect for your input regarding autos. I think I will be giving them a shot this year.

Thank you for your interest!

16 Likes

All those pots so much good roots in that soil.That stuff has the best drainage and cannabis knows cannabis was grown in that soil it’s like they can sense that I’ve been reusing my soil and It gets better every grow and soil Reamend I do in between for two weeksI used to dump my pots in the backwoods like an idiot man what was I thinking.I had gold the whole time and I let it all slip between me fingas.If anyone’s worried about Dirt gnats inside during the warm months with a reamendment Microbe Lift will cure that problem I haven’t seen one in almost 4 months now and all my traps have been clean not a single one.I seen that stuff wipe out a colony in less than a month I have used ten drops out of that bottle one drop treats 100 gallons of water.I used one to a 5 gallon bucket worked nicely

9 Likes

Today was potting day for the initial eight. I managed to dump one on the floor before it even got out the door!
Holy fuck copy

Yeah, I mean dumped right on its tiny little head. It was the Harlequin. I intentionally didn’t take a picture of the disaster. Hopefully, no weed seedling was hurt during the dangerous transition. xwi2Y3G

I can’t even tell you how excited I am seeing those little gals enjoying themselves out in the sun!

Next will be poppin’ beanz from here!

6 Likes

Thank you so much, @CapnCannabis, for your comment!

You’ve talked me into using more of last years soil than I had perhaps planned to use.

Couple of questions.

Once all of the dirt is shaken off the root system, how much of the actual root system would you keep? Certainly not the larger roots, but then I wonder how small are keepers? Just the smallest feeder roots? Smallish mediums?

What would you amend the “used” soil with, keeping in mind that there will be some new soil in each new container. The space that had been taken up by the roots has to be made up for.

I, of course, would appreciate any and all outdoor growers inclination on these points.

4 Likes

I’m blown away that you were able to finish autos in Solo cups! Seeing what are essentially just colas sticking up out of those Solo cups makes me believe autos will become a regular part of my grow!

Thanks for posting those pics. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Im interested in this as well. I have outdoor pots in the same state as you @mota . Remove the stump and than put in seedling? And then just top dress after that?

2 Likes

How are you feeding your outdoor plants @mota ?
The last 2 seasons Ive been using dry ammendments from Gaia green. All purpose for veg and power bloom for flower. Ive noticed better size and quality compared to the bottled nutes i used before. Healthier plants that can handle stress and pests much easier.

2 Likes

I wonder if it wouldn’t be much easier to handle and manage hempy buckets with just coco coir and perlite … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

3 Likes

I’m thinking about taking up a sponsorship or becoming an ambassador for Dr earth products I can not speak enough of thier quality of thier products.I use Dr Earth Pure Gold it is my favorite it can be used in veg and bloom good to have in case you run out of Dr earth Flower girl which you won’t I’ve have had a bag of that one for a year now I make teas with that one instead of top dress in flower now works a lot better and it’s less work.As for the roots all of them except the woody base that’s left over from chopping down.I cut that out that stick at least 4 inches below soil line and I use every bit of the rest of those roots as is I just tear it up a bit and mix my Dr earth Some ECW and volcanic basalt dust and malted 2 row barley I throw mine in plastic totes soak with Humic fulvic acid and cook for 2 weeks.Last batch I made is a good batch barley popping off here and there good mycelium too.Smells like a forest floor in the hardwoods.

5 Likes

Take a look on that bag and look over the ingredients they use a superb Alfalfa that’s loaded with nitrogen so be cautious it can be hot in top dress better to cook in soil and dole out the batch and see what works for you.The microbiology they added to that mix is worth the money and that stuff shouldn’t be more that 16$ a bag you can put some of the bottle away and save on money.

3 Likes

Round two, all from here! Yippee!!

Edit: As it turns out, the bean identified as Budderton’s Odisha Valley landrace isn’t that at all. xwi2Y3G I’ll have to look more closely to see what its package says. Its identifying marks are in pencil on brown paper. I just need to get out a magnifying glass. Whatever it turns out to be, I received the real deal from @Budderton this afternoon and am going to replace the mystery place holder seed with the real deal! Pot leaf hopper

Thank you so much, Budderton!!

10 Likes

The fun part is waking up to all the little peepers that pop up I can see from all the beans your popping your going to have a good time this year good for you dude how cool is that .Here’s to everyone’s Start ups before Mother’s Day comes may your Little guys grow to touch the heavens.

7 Likes

This is what I’m doing now. Soil from last year + pumice + compost + fertilizer + river sand + beneficial microbial life. I’m probably doing overkill, the scale is certainly different but I’m going for BIG pots. I need a cubic yard of soil.

Regarding the roots to leave, I pulled out the stumps and big pieces, the rest all is kinda breaking up into the rest of the dirt.

I got the compost/pumice in bulk (a truckload) for about $100, which was enough for my veggie gardens and weed grow bags. I should have used the same organic soilyard for all my dirt last season, it wouldn’t have been such an intensive operation this year. I’d check if you have something similar.

How much dirt are you trying to make/buy? I see at least 15 beans poppin’ and know there are going to be more. 5 gallons each? 75 gallons is 12 cuft, or 6 big bags of soil.

1 Like

I like your method of reusing the soil and charging it up again @CapnCannabis
Ive been pulling all the rootball and saving the soil, but i will try leaving it in.
I dont think i can get dr earth here in canada. It looks like a great product.

2 Likes