Automatically Growing: A Diary of First Grow

This is my very first crack at growing some autoflowering cannabis.
My curiosity has provoked me into action.

I am doing a very basic, primitive grow. I am not at my home base, and have no equipment.
No thermometer, no way to measure PH (I know the water here is workable, as I used it last summer…water supply website indicates the PH range from two sources is 6.5 to 7.5.)
I have two LED screw-ins with which to start seeds.
Seeds started in Jiffy Mix seed starter with a little extra perlite. Then they will go into ProMix HP.
My plan is to provide sunlight when it is warm enough to put them outside.They will be brought back inside for more light each evening or if weather is not favorable. On sunny days with temps too low, they will be in a sunny window. I figure from what I have read, that the autos should finish by the end of April at the latest.

Alongside the autos are two Super Lemon Haze x Jesus OG provided by @Scissor-Hanz

I will be introducing the wee ones in my next post.

16 Likes

First to grab a seat!

6 Likes

Autos have come a long way. They are just as good and strong as photoperiod plants are if grown in the right conditions. :+1:

3 Likes

On Jan 25 I put the seeds directly into Jiffy Mix in cells of a styro egg carton.
4 total, 2 SLH x Jesus OG, 2 autos. All 4 popped up.
I had to transplant them today. I have read autos do not take kindly to being transplanted.

I also have 5 other little autos I started after these.

Here is my transplanting routine.

ETA
the taller plants are the reg photo SLH X JOG

9 Likes

Autos don’t like being fimmed or topped either but I do it every time ive grown them. As long as you don’t disturb the roots too much transplanting isn’t a problem :+1:

6 Likes

You can go ahead and get used to saying that. That one’s a bit of a stretcher, 300% +/-… Buds are looking amazing on the one I have at 5-6 weeks flower though. No-leaf / all-bud :+1:

It’s actually a Super Lemon Haze cross, not SSH :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks, it was a typo I missed.:fearful:
I anticipate stretching which means I am going to top them accordingly.
I want to keep them in profile with the autos, so I will have to be aggressive.

4 Likes

Here is the little set up in a closet with a radiant heater…

I started 6 more auto seeds about 4 or 5 days after the first 2.
I put 2 in each container 5 sprouted. I will be killing the ones I think are the most likely to be male,
leaving 1 in each container.

6 Likes

…are the auto-flowers the Low Ryder X La Diva?

They are.

Should be fun, I hope.

4 Likes

I’m joining in watching too!

3 Likes

With your indoor lights, should do better than my winter autos. Lots of rain this winter for me.

3 Likes

Divyder rocks! Are they the F2s @Scissor-Hanz made or my F1s?

3 Likes

Thanks for nudging me to specify, I did not previously do so, 'cause I was uncertain.
They are @Scissor-Hanz F2s 2018.

5 Likes

Kind of sounds like my grows here in Colorado in the winter time just cracked the windows the other day and gave the girls some fresh 55 degree air in a sunny south facing window ! Following along and bringing my popcorn right watch the show!

6 Likes

I’ll be interested in how the F2s differ. :seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

2 Likes

Fortunately the temperature outdoors here hit 60 f about 1 1/2 hours ago.
So my entire plant family has been enjoying their first excursion under the direct sun.
I will leave them out until the temp goes back below 60… 64 expected high today.

9 Likes

Here are the kids today.

This is the biggest of the Divyders

14 Likes

They don’t seem to mind 60 degrees at all!

2 Likes

Here are the plants today.
Too cold to get ‘em out today. Too cloudy…
So, under the puny lights they remain.

These are the two largest plants…seeds started on the same day…popped within a day of each other.
The SLHxJOG is substantially larger than the Divyder F2.

6 Likes