Hopefully more than a mota of mota's mota

I always see you post tons of different strains in the “what are you smoking today” thread…now I understand…lol!!
Love the variety!!! :+1::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thank you, @Tappy! To be honest, all other things being equal, variety is more important to me than particular strains. I mean, I have my preferences, but I mostly want to mix it up. Shakey Daffy Duck

You may have seen on a different thread that I said I was going to limit myself, absolutely limit myself, to 8 plants this year. I had 15 plants last year and it got to be a bit much for me physically, having to move all of those 10 gallon containers multiple times a day as the plants grew. HA! You can see how well that’s going this year!

Of the 8 seeds I’ve started, you can see 3 are starting to pop, and I haven’t even started any seeds from here!

What a problem to have!! rofl

6 Likes

One day later and all but two of the initial 8 have sprung, and it appears the AK has begun to expand. Maybe later today it will really pop.

I can’t even tell you how excited I am to be here amongst such a wide variety of growers from so many places with so much experience! d8JBdDJ As Mrs. mota would say, I’m one lucky duck!

Big thanks again, @blowdout2269, for turning me on to this place!!

Thanks to everyone for looking!

17 Likes

As much as I appreciate it, I’m not sure I can take this credit. Maybe you might have me confused with someone, or maybe I’m the one with stoner brain, idk…:joy:
Either way, I’m glad you’re here! :yum:

:v::heart:

5 Likes

@blowdout2269, I fear I may have used poor phraseology. As I recall (HA!) you made a random comment on GWE about what great photos get posted here. I just stumbled across your comment in my drug induced stupor. stoned-smiley

3 Likes

Where do you get your seeds, mota?

I share your feelings about OG in general. I started on another forum last year that wasn’t quite helpful, and searched for Overgrow again. I browsed in 2003-2006 in college, and think it disappeared in 2007 or so. Great folks here and I attribute much of last seasons success to what I’ve read or seen on these boards. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

The two years I recently grew, 2021 and 2022, all seeds were commercially purchased. I don’t remember who I bought them from for 2021. Last year’s seeds, at least I believe, were from SeedSupreme, as are all of my commercial seeds this year.

I’m most excited by the prospect of seeds that have come from here! Pot leaf hopper

3 Likes

I thought I knew ya from somewhere! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Totally! Just two stoners stumblin’ around… pass

3 Likes

The last two seeds popped over night. Very exciting for this geezer! labrat

Thanks for looking!

9 Likes

I have a question for you more experienced outdoor growers. @Calyxander, @CapnCannabis, @George, @CanuckistanPete, @breadwinner, @Herrsquidward, @Heliosphear, @BU2B, @Pleasantrees420, @Tappy and @FieldEffect

I’ve never grown autos and would like to hear your experience growing them outdoors. I don’t really know why, but I think of them as at least mostly indoor plants.

I’ve only grown from feminized photoperiod seeds.

Thanks to all of you!

6 Likes

DISCLAIMER: I’m no more experienced than you are.

I enjoyed having a mini-harvest mid-summer. They’re super cool in that regard. They are a little more sensitive than the photos and if you start them early (Mid-May these parts 34N @ 4500’) they stay small because of the low nightime temps. I imagine it’s more ideal to start them later May/June to have them finish late August/September.

I’m going to be running some again this season, that probably answers your question right there.

3 Likes

Grew them for my first time last summer after @Qtip sent me some. I think they’re kind of fun. They certainly don’t produce like a photo, but it gives you some fresh herb before the photoperiod plants are ready. I’ll probably put a few out this summer. Going to use bigger pots and see if I can get them a bit bigger.

6 Likes

Indoors here :umbrella: :cloud_with_rain:, so not much help but willing to see your experiment… beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

I have not ventured into Autos yet never grew any except one that was a bagseed that went auto as soon as it touched the sides of a small pot by accident only grew a 4 inch bud I didn’t even get to smoke it.Everyone I know that is an old skool head always tells me the same thing about autos the high just ain’t there for me Not to discourage anyone from growing autos no offense to them just haven’t chilled with them yet I know with all the dispensary weed I’ve smoked I’ve had to have smoked some most of it was alright but most was few and far in between to what I consider decent .My weed was always better than the dispensary so I never went back.I have a bunch of auto seeds and I’m going to pop one sooner or later my curiosity will get the best of me and I won’t be able to help myself.Till then I’m in the same boat as you homie lol?Ill learn with you pardner :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

@CapnCannabis You should really check out some of the autos that @ReikoX has developed. All of them I have grown were indoors but they were great producers (even for an auto - I got 12 oz and 7 oz + from two plants) with a little quick training. The flowers are staggeringly beautiful and amazingly potent. Like you I’m a photo guy at heart but I haven’t written off autos as a quick ‘sometimes’ grow. :v:

11 Likes

I will be most interested now.I haven’t gone to the dark side just yet …….getting weaker to it

5 Likes

I’ve grown a few both outside and indoors. They tend to stay small but you can get some nice yields if conditions are right. Its nice to get a harvest a little earlier in the season before your photos are done. If you plan things out and stagger your plants you could get a couple of harvests in a summer. Treat em good and they’ll do fine :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi @mota
Nothing like sun
Huge and beaultiful cannabis plants

4 Likes

@mota I have grown auto’s outdoor and indoor, compared outdoor auto produces the same amount of usable cannabis either way. How much Trichome production happens outdoor is more because of the natural light and length of time. Indoor can produce excellent cannabis with auto’s… all of it depends on one thing. The seed.
@ReikoX has produced excellent auto’s and feminized auto’s, I have grown them indoor and out with incredible results.

I can send you GLO autofem seeds if you want to try your experiment for free, it taste chocolate kinda mocha.

Have a Great Wednesday. :sunglasses:

15 Likes