**HOTDOGS!** 🌭

RIP to the Doggie Diners of San Francisco
and their beautiful giant doggie diner dachshund heads

Known as the carousel diner when I was a kid

The heads were bought and preserved by Bill Griffith, famed cartoonist / underground comics writer and creator of “Zippy the Pinhead”

and they lived on as a mobile art installation, perpetually roving the streets of san francisco in search of free parking

7 Likes

The original Portillos

6 Likes

This is Jimmy’s, he has been in business for decades. He is the one I spoke of earlier in the thread who puts a half a sausage on top of every hot dog. He is also cheaper than any other place I have found.

12 Likes

LOL, this one does :wink:

1 Like

Here’s my go to hot dog stand, I’ve been going there since early 70’s when I lived on Taylor street in Little Italy
they must be doing something right for being open since 1948
the price is right to, any 2 hotdogs for $3.50

10 Likes

You said founded and not ate their food. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s a known fact that every hot dog you eat adds 5 minutes to your life.

7 Likes

So
 you’re immortal?

6 Likes

As long as I keep eating

7 Likes

Hot dogs can add days, weeks, months, or years to one’s life, depending on how little else one has available for consumption. :joy:

6 Likes

How do you eat hot dogs when you’re sleeping? Some kind of hot dog IV?

4 Likes

This is a Q for Mrs. F.

5 Likes

Ok I’ve got a blender and a hose we can rig something

4 Likes

Depends on the type of dogs and the air fryer-- I did tonight’s all beef at 400f for 4 minutes

Gives them a nice browned skin

4 Likes

Not the prettiest
but one is a chili-kraut with spicy mustard and mayo-- the other,1/2 mayo and ketchup (had to scrape some off) and 1/2 slaw.
Served with apple slaw and jalapeño street corn

It’ what’s for dinner
!

6 Likes

Fabulous, even toasted the bun in the air fryer too.

9 Likes

Ain’t that the truth. I was always taught believe 90% of what you see, 50% of what you read, and 10% of what you hear.

2 Likes

No love for the Costco dawgs and sausages out there ?

3 Likes

I try to let em come to room temp, then roll in oil just to put a film, 400 till they are dark enough, never timed it.

2 Likes
3 Likes