**HOTDOGS!** 🌭

The report seems to focus on the hazards of red meat, entangling meat eaters with climate issues without mentioning the majority of the extrapolated environmental harm is caused by petrochemical companies and global corporations-- painting the end user as the villain versus the corporations who are actually creating the majority of the environmental damage.
There was a news story on TV about the oldest woman in the San Francisco Bay area. She was 104 at the time. The news anchor asked her what she did to live so long. Her answer? “I never eat vegetables, only meat and potatoes” :raised_hands: I suppose she would be an outlier in the studies presented in the posted link :joy::v:

5 Likes

It said cheap hotdogs kill you faster, better ones don’t, as much. It was in response to the blanketed statement debunking the 30some minutes.

“Taking a closer look at the data, the potential health impact of the hot dog ranged between 1 minute and 49 minutes.”

The cheap stuff IS cheap and will kill you. The good stuff is goodish :+1:. The intricacies are not important to the extent of arguing over it. There are not enough buns, for instance or where we should plant a strawman.

2 Likes

What, hot dogs, aren’t health food?:open_mouth:

4 Likes

Learned something new today:

“The Department of Agriculture requires that they be made from real meat (beef, chicken, pork, turkey, or some combination of those), and they can’t contain more than 3.5 percent of nonmeat binders or fillers (which include nonfat dry milk, cereal, or dried whole milk).”

Conclusion:

We should all strive for one minute hotdogs.

3 Likes

I’d be on board for that :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Have the recipe to make those buns
gonna try soon!!

2 Likes

Michigan has extreme standards for Hotdogs
 has for years
 there was a fight for Michigan’s ‘integrity’ against Armor and Hormel in 1972-- we wouldn’t let any hotdogs be sold here that weren’t to our standards!!

https://www.nytimes.com/1972/11/08/archives/michigan-fighting-efforts-to-prohibit-its-hot-dog-rules.html

4 Likes

tried hotdogs in a air fryer for lunch today ill stick with microwave

2 Likes

That is good to know. Hopefully the other states will catch on!

“Under Michigan law, only fresh skeletal meat may be used with no by‐products, cereal fillers or added water.”

3 Likes

Really?
What happened??
If you cook too high temp or too long, they get tough

Do it ‘just right’ and they taste ‘grilled’
JMHO

Ever over-cook one in the Microwave!? LMAO!
They turn into big puffy Styrofoam!!
My dork brother used to eat them that way on purpose!!!

2 Likes

i dont know followed instructions oh well did fried chicken thighs in air fryer they were fabulous

2 Likes

Guess what Mickey mouse’s first words were?

2 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes

doesn’t it take between one minute and 49 minutes to eat a hot dog?

that’s like saying watching 1 tv episode shortens your life by an hour.

so if hot dogs kill you at roughly the same rate as the passage of time, as long as you’re not consuming them at joey chestnut speed, it sounds like you’re going to be ok.

4 Likes

Joey Chestnut has been warping the laws of space and time by consuming hot dogs at that rate. He is the worlds first hot dog time traveler.

2 Likes

Watching one episode of TV may shorten your life by one hour, but watching Spiderman 3 will shorten it by a few years because it was so horrible, drawn out, and compressed. Clearly quality over quantity.

Time is the most valuable asset we have. We sell it to make a living at times. You are employing hot dogs to work for you, and they are busy embezzling your assets.

Now I would be impressed if someone ate a hotdog while doing incredibly dangerous work at the same time. Now that is good time management.

In the end, we’ll most likely be taken out by a space hotdog:

2 Likes

:rofl:

I called that Raimisaster “Emoman versus CGI Goo”

1 Like

:joy: I could add many things to this list.

1 Like

I love in the animated “Spideyverse” movie how they referenced SM3 and were like "We don’t talk about that. "

2 Likes