How do *you* store your seeds?

Bwuahahahahaha - in a big Ole ziplock bag, in a fabric box from Ikea under my bed :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::crazy_face: that’s how I store my seeds!

I too, like to live dangerously :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

I have a shoe box but my preference is my parents cool dry stable basement.

3 Likes

That’s smart to store them in the same place you live…

5 Likes

I do not live in a shoe box.

3 Likes

I had to get on the mini fridge train as I was taking up room with ferments and seeds and clones. :joy:

7 Likes

Fair warning those french door fridges are like some sort of torture device. On mine, if one happens to close the doors simultaneously, it will crush the f*ck out of your fingers between the doors. Everyone in my house is terrified of the thing.

1 Like

I do that too, it’s also great as a vehicle for small amounts of bud. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:laughing: that’s on my wife not me… the kitchen is her zone I stay he eff outta there haha! I still have my mini fridge in the garage as well for drinks I’m safe with oldschool fridges.

5 Likes

my new seed collection container. in these years I will fill them for my new strain

s.

8 Likes

What’s the opinion of a deep freezer vs fridge? I’ve been keeping them in the fridge packed in canning jars with some rice but have been thinking of putting them in the chest freezer which is about -10F. I’m wanting to get rid of all the breeder packages and put them into plastic vile/s with some rice or that color changing desiccant…then into the chest freezer. Looks like some of you guys have luck with the deep freezer but I’m curious if that’s too cold?

1 Like

Best long term storage. Just be sure to plan so there isn’t the old in out in out with your precious packs. Also, don’t open until they come close to room temp so that the containers and packs don’t collect condensation. :grin:

3 Likes

in my opinion the best method is to first vacuum them, even with all the original packaging, and then place them in the freezer

3 Likes

FDM mentioned that this has worked for them very well, and I too have kept seeds in air tight containers in the freezer that have germinated almost 20 years later.

1 Like

I hopped on that train too :crazy_face:

1 Like

Top😎 20 year later

1 Like