How I make small batches of seeds without screwing up my sensi( too much)

Right on, that’s awesome! Best of luck on your pollinations!:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Thanks! The male and female I used today both have a rancid stinky smell. I can’t even really figure out what it reminds me of.

1 Like

Yes, I like the lower branch deal, bag plant, pollinate branch, cover branch, spray, remove big bag. 24 hrs later spray while removing pollinated branch bag. I actually like to use envelopes when possible. You can fold the pollen in the upper part of the envelope, tape it shut at bottom. Unfold pollen top of envelope, shake it up, remove bag while spraying next day

4 Likes

I set up a second shitty light in a different room to put males to collect pollen and then apply carefully with a qtip.

There’s always a little overspray but no big deal. Especially if only working with one male.

6 Likes

“Subway sandwich bags”

8 Likes

A friend collected pollon, sent it over and I tried it pn a 12” clone, got 4 seeds with a little dab from a brush. Same thing inside, one little bud about a half dozen.

4 Likes

Looks like I had some success

19 Likes

Well alright! :+1:

1 Like

Very good post, especially for those of us who are new to this.

I have a couple of autos that are showing preflowers. One is a Gambien male:

I have to auto females, one is a White Widow Cheese Cake, and the other is a Widow Red Berry.

If I’m reading this correctly, I could put the 3 of them in an isolated space, like my boiler room, either bagged or not, and let them dance for a bit, then kill the male, wash down the females, and go back to growing? :slight_smile:

Lob

7 Likes

Yep. That’s about all there is to it @Lobstah . Give the seeds 5-6 wks ,after pollination, to ripen. Then let the seeds dry in a papper bag or envelope for 4-6 wks before you pack them up and put them in the fridge.
The only concern is that if your growing sensi elsewhere in the same house, you made get a bit of cross over pollination. The pollen likes to travel.:grin:

6 Likes

Once a male starts showing pollen sacs does it have to stay on 12/12. If it’s not does it revert back to veg? If it’s kept for a while until removed from 12/12 will it finish those pollen sacs outside of 12/12

2 Likes

If you keep the male under 12/12 till it’s time to bag(about 2-3wks), usually the male flowers that have started will continue to develop and drop pollen even when put back under a veg lighting schedule. I have done this on several occasions (10-12) and only once, the flowers failed to progress and dropped off without opening. I prefer to keep the males under 12/12 to try and maximize the amount of flowers and therefore pollen I get from each donor.

6 Likes

Can you take a clone of the male and just leave that in 12/12 and will that clone continue to pollen?

1 Like

Yep. Take the clone right before the first flowers open.
You can put that cut in a glass of water and lean it over the side, allowing the pollen to fall onto a piece of wax paper. I’ve also stuck a fresh cut into a one inch wet Rockwood cube and given it to a friend to pollinate his plants. It never really rooted, but still dumped some pollen.

6 Likes

That’s pretty awesome info. Thanks for your amazing knowledge man I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

I have a feeling I’m gonna live on the edge with this male haha.

2 Likes

Just an interesting note on pollen. My wife and I are in Barcelona, boarding a cruise ship tomorrow. Last night, walking around Las Ramblas, POOF! there’s a cannabis shop, which I thought was totally illegal.
Anyway, we go in and browse, not needing to buy anything since we have gummies tucked away with our gummy vitamins :grin: , and in one of the cases is a small plastic case about the size of a quarter, and 1/2" thick…“Amnesia Haze Pollen”.
So I bought it…$15. It’s a dark brown color, so I’m skeptical, but I’ll give it a shot when I get it home.

I have a couple of gurlz that have been under 12/12 for about a week, so in 2wks when I get home, they should be “receptive” to some boy powder :slight_smile:

Lob

10 Likes

Pollen is sometimes used to describe hash even though it’s incorrect. Are you sure it isn’t dry sift?

13 Likes

haven’t opened it yet…so no idea. But when I saw it, I thought “Hey…that’s hash!”

Lob

4 Likes

Just recently pollinated with some pollen that was sent to me. One was the q tip with skunk #1 and one was a small baggie with just straight pollen that I used a small paint brush with.

I used larger zip locks with the lights dimmed pretty good to keep the heat down leaving bags on over night then taking them off in the morning. Left them on for 20 hours. I sprayed the plants when the bags were on with water soaking everything pretty good, cut the bags, pollinated, sealed the bags with tape sprayed water again. Next day sprayed plants, opened bags sprayed pollinated flowers with water, took bags off, spearheaded everything down really good, turned up lights and fans back on.

5 Likes