How many Plants are so allowed in US ? Trying to figure out wich amount of restriction leads to USAs diversity

We are allowed 12 here in Michigan.
Where I live is pretty lacks.
We can have an unlimited supply

6 Likes

What’s really stupid is, although we have a 6 plant limit here, something I never really paid attention to was the allowable amount of cannabis, which if I recall is only like 3oz ---- and this is TOTAL POSSESSION, not just what’s “on your person”. Like, how the hell am I only going to get 3oz off six plants??

Bottom line: just keep your nose down, keep your smell down and keep your doors locked (that’s another requirement here, your lung room must have a locking knob.)

2 Likes

We are in Michigan…we have better laws here…much less restrictive; unless of course you have some hard-ass State Trooper who’s hard-core anti pot and INSISTS on following FEDERAL restrictions(which-BTW is illegal for them to do…they are a STATE employee and bound by that States laws)
We are allowed 12 plants per Adult…if you go over that, the following applies :
‘’ The cultivation of up to 24 plants for personal use is a civil infraction with no incarceration and maximum $500 fine . The cultivation of 25 – 200 plants is a felony with a term of imprisonment up to seven years. The cultivation of more than 200 plants is also a felony with a term of imprisonment up to 15 years.’’
As far as dried buds- it’s a little trickier. Each adult is allowed up to only 10oz on site at any given time, but only 2.5oz open and available for use. If you pack it away in jars/bags labeled ‘‘do not use until___ date’’ with the persons name on it (we have 4 adults in the home- but only ONE actually smokes, but it can be labeled 10oz per person per month) and put it in a LOCKED freezer or storage chest- better yet- in a barn, shed or garage away from the home, then you can keep all your harvest–but again- you can only replenish and keep it at a max of 10oz per person in storage and 2.5oz per person open for use at a time.
Anything over, penalties decided by a judge, but usually- unless you have a huge overage, all they do is confiscate what is over your limit and hit you with a fine- unless it is enough to charge you with intent to distribute without a license

• then it can be a 7-15 year sentence, especially if it is not your 1st offence.

IN MICHIGAN:
Recreational marijuana is governed by the 2018 Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act (MRTMA). Here are the highlights of the law:

• Adults (over 21) may grow, possess and consume marijuana in their own homes.
  • Smoking marijuana or consuming edibles in public places is prohibited.
  • Consumers must show a valid state ID or driver’s license to purchase marijuana
  • It is legal to give marijuana to another person, providing they are 21 or older.
  • Buyers may purchase (or carry) up to 2.5 oz. of marijuana (or 15 grams of concentrate).
  • Users may have up to 10 oz. of marijuana in their homes, but they must store amounts over 2.5 oz. in a locked place.
  • Consumers may grow up to 12 plants for personal use in their home or on their own property.
  • Outdoor plants must be in a locked or otherwise secured area and should not be visible to the public.
  • Renters must obtain approval from their landlords to grow marijuana.
7 Likes

Here in Missouri we are allowed to have 6 seedlings/clones, 6 in Veg and 6 in flower at the same time. Unless you are a caregiver, then you can have up to 6 patients bringing the total to 42 plants in each stage.

3 Likes

Pack it all in jars once well cured-- add a humidi-pack…
Seal the jars lids with duct-tape or bee’s wax, and label each jar with the weight, and ‘curing- do not use until…’ on it, 3oz for every 15-20 days.
Then pack them into a chest, old freezer etc. that has a lock on it, and place that in a secured, locked room, shed, garage etc.
If it is not in the home, and is locked, sealed, labeled- then you LEGALLY only are in possession of whatever is OPEN and IN THE HOME!

3 Likes

do you see a rise in Quality of the Weed thats “around”. You know the homegrown, the easily acesssible genetics in a shop.
Can someone compare the quality of weed of a legal state VS a still illegal State ?

Im aware the Shops Weed is pretty bad, but would you say one can easyer get like rare Strains, like soft Weed, calming weed, energyzing weed. Weed that has less sideeffects …

Because as funny as it sounds our Healthminister seems to want to push these “sideeffectfree” strains if im not missinterpreting. otherwise he might have just formulated a THC-Limit …

2 Likes

You might have missed the part where I said “total possession”. Doesnt matter if it’s in a cooler, in the trunk of my car or buried in the backyard like a piggybank.

So either I possess it, or hand it off to someone else to possess and assume my risk ---- I would never do that.
Writing the weight on the jar, not the greatest idea if I have limits :joy: lol.

I just abbreviate the strain, and store the jar in the coolest room, usually the kitchen, up in a cabinet

Class C misdemeanor for under 49 in Virginia, those are my guidelines. Most misdemeanor charges are never leading to incarceration.

Wholly depends on the individual and their grow skills.

At first, i was growing subpar quality weed compared to my local dispo’s. Now? — i feel like my quality is on par with the crazy expensive stuff now, but IMO I still haven’t “hit my mark” consistently. But, I’m saving myself easily 300+ a month not having to buy any.

2 Likes

Did you ever hear of people telling you they cant smoke todays weed anymore, too hefty/too couchlocky, and they found now an old Strain that they can smoke again thanks to legalisation…
because soft genetics became accessible thanks to legalisation?

Or is it that the acess to extreemly potent genetics comes omnipresent? how did genetics change…?

That all depends on where you live.,.the competition is so high here-- like 8-10+ dispensaries in every town- they have extremely high standards…they KNOW if it’s not up-to-snuff you’ll just go down the road with your $$$!
As for home grown…that hasn’t changed just because of laws-- people still do their best to get the most out of their plants… those of us growing for a long-ass time took the risk of buying good seeds from overseas regardless, and now buy Stateside because it’s faster and safer (Customs still takes your shit if they find it!)
Changes I DO notice are the costs of nutrients/equipment are up due to demand, and the number of seed breeders, sellers, and ‘franken-strains’ out there are crazy over-the-top higher than ever.

2 Likes

Genetics didn’t change, the availability did. Those strains have ALWAYS been out there IF you grow or know someone who does… but dispensaries carry mostly 'franken-weed–with a list of genetics longer than my family tree…because getting the strongest stuff for the biggest high is what most non-growing smokers want. And they are not educated in strains/genetics-- so don’t know/care about lineage as long as they get a real high trippy buzz that smells-tastes good.
This is going to eventually lead to nearly homogenous gene pools where in another 20 years, if some folks do not keep old-school stuff going, you’ll just be choosing the strength, type of high, and flavor-- the genetics will be too convoluted to tell the difference anymore.

4 Likes

Here in the republic of California, The statewide legal limit is 6. Counties and towns can make their own rules though. For instance, Some counties ban outdoor growing all together and only allow the indoor 6 plant limit.

This will give you an idea of the different local limits…

2 Likes

From what I can tell the dispensary scene varies quite a bit.

I wouldn’t say the flower I’ve bought at dispos has ever actually been bad, exactly. I’ve had some that was a little on the dry side, and a lot that smelled good and tasted decent… but the high wasn’t really there for me, or I got super high once and then basically nothing. There’s also a 20% or so tax (some states it’s higher) so you’re paying a pretty high price. There is a lot of focus on “High THC” at the dispos I’ve been to, but it doesn’t always translate to effects.

Or… there’s the unregulated market, which can be of varying quality, but the price is better. Or my own homegrown, which is markedly better than either, and of lower cost given the investment and the reward.

5 Likes

I shit you not, I saw legal weed saying “this was grown in 2000 and is probably a bit dry but don’t worry we’ve included a free humidity pack!”

I haven’t had much dispo weed because I don’t need to but what I’ve had is nothing to write home about. Even top end priced hash was not great. Acceptable, but not great.

im wondering why it is that Dispo weed is so boringly uniform…
Either it is, like @Lady.Zandra63 mentioned because the high Concurrence.
or the high bureaucratic Boundaries, wich leads to the shopowner just getting the job done. and what better than just feeding the most customers stupid request for stinky boring bud.

So that means that either 1) lower bureaucratic costs for Shopowners might change the situation or 2) it could mean that there are just too many (concurrency) who want to sell the weed, lol
3) that most people and in this case the shopowners have no idea there is superior quality

It is all a fad that will soon pass, just like back in the 80s with the phony plastic want to be bands. Driving Harley Davidsons on stage, leather accessories, screaming guitar, long haired sexy guys that could not sing much less carry a tune, no imagination with lyrics that made no sense. That was not heavy metal artistry at its best. Just like dispensary weed, it’s all a fad as the consumer will soon see. :grimacing::peace_symbol:

So, would you say that if im under the impression that rare, soft, smooth, sideeffectfree weed is more accessible, after legalisation that its not really true. When an clueless average smoker asks around for such weeds, or in other words complains about shitty hefty modern couchlock weed… does he find advice form homegrowers what to grow? does he go to a canna forum ? or is he rather left in the dark…?

I guess the latter is the case

I wish i had that problem because I cant find any couch lock stuff. It is all og/sativa

2 Likes

well, i lived in switzerland trough a short phase of total legality… unlimited plants could be grown, without any precautions… guess what: the quality was top notch. . it was homegrown-level in certain hotspots, costs were unexistent besides growequipment, zero bureaucracy… from there comes my vision of “better acess to good genetics”… trough legality…

Since it has been prohibited soon after a legal phase… quality dropped to “hefty couchlock uniformity”… reminds me alot of your dispensary experiences…

2 Likes