How much cooler are the 1000w Equivlant like Spider Farm compared to HPS 1000w

Thanks for the warning, but no worries. It’s an old house that breathes very well and the exhaust duct is blowing out through a louver in the gable end.

4 Likes

600w grows better. I have to agree.

2 Likes

It’s about nutrition with leds. I do like the hood cooling. But I got to say. It was hard for me to change over at once. Now that I have I would never go back. The thing about old-school lights you get hot spots if you don’t keep that light at a certain temperature the wave of the light is off. @Gpaw said it best. I have a few cheap lights I’m happy with. If you’re happy with what you got then be happy. Sounds like to me maybe you might have some questions about it. I wish you luck either way I think it’s a matter of opinion. I don’t wanna pay $800 for a light. LEDs run way cooler. My HLG will burn my hand.

1 Like

Impressive.

1 Like

I am using one I got off Amazon right now. I was a bit suspicious cause I am used to heavy ballast. I once one walked on across like half a city with a friend lol than I see people have them screwed to a wall, there thin thought something was up but it works so far.

1 Like

I have something else to try. First I was happy with the heat being made by a 1000 wat but for like two months Jan, Feb but than the rest of the time I am chasing temps. I still have one more obvious thing to try.
Currently my inlet and out let are in the door frame of a small bedroom. A cold tile hallway shaped area 4x10 is used as a place for the air to cool before it goes back into the room but I am actually not running and vent line further and I could soon as I buy some flexible vent.
flex hose basically running through my living space. I was just trying to avoid it. so heat good sometimes, I am 30-40 min from Ottawa a place that goes from -40 to plus 40 every six months so it’s a little nuance in that way so I am going to deal with the flex vent see how that goes. I was mostly curious as to how real the coolness of LED was. so I knew how to think about them as an option. will I be watering allot less, evaporation must leave extra salt residue, I am not into buying an ac for the room , I have electric heat and I get to turn it down when the lights are on and a tree line in the summer that cools my house so no need for a A.C naturally for me. I also do not want to spend $800 on a light lol I have seen some for $500 could be great veggers, at least? I would also want them to last for ever. Hate to lose on at those price$.

1 Like