How much do you water your pots?

I have a 30 gallon pot inside a 4x8 tent with a big plant in it and I water it roughly a gallon a day. Supersoil that is.
How much do you water?

5 Likes

I’m hydro. Once a week. Lol

4 Likes

As much as the plant needs. Which fluctuates.

A question with a million different answers, and they’ll all be right.

4 Likes

I have 3plants in 5gal pots and give them 2gal of water every 3-4ish days

You could probably give 4 gallons of water every few days in your pot.

Possibly more, or possibly less. There’s a lot of variables

3 Likes

What about big pots with heavy soil like clay and excellent drainage?

5-10 percent of the soil volume. So in your 30 gal, I would water about 1.5-3 gallons every 2-3 days.

11 Likes

Absolutely correct sir. I’m right at 3 to 4 gallons every 3 to 4 days. Anymore and the leaves will claw…

1 Like

But I have a heavy medium. Shit tends to hold water too

I used premium Scotts soil not to long ago in 3 gallon pots and had to water that crap every day

Try using fabric pots its easy to tell if they’re dry, and they dry more uniformly not just on top.

1 Like

Between four of them about 2L every two days. One a little less than the others the others a bit more.

1 Like

Yep bunny me too just about the same in 5gal fabric pots with soil/perlite

1 Like

I guess I should have mentioned it. I am using coco and the plants suck it dry pretty well. For the size of plants they should have bigger pots but I a did a beer cup grow with a plant that got watered two or three times a day. Lot of root density.

1 Like

Doesn’t coco restrict root growth??

I do not think so.When recycling the coco I have to fight to get the coco out of the roots.

Roots are usually restricted in coco creating a smaller plant

OK, but I doubt I could have grown the plant as big in soil than in coco.

4 Likes

That’s not true. Some of the highest yielding indoor plants I’ve ever seen were grown in coco + small pots. They may dry out super fast but if you keep up with the irrigation needs of the plant you can get monsters in surprisingly small pots.

edit: I’ve had a 6+ ft plant in a solo cup before :stuck_out_tongue:

I water my plants to runoff usually more than once per day since I’m growing in 1 ish gal fabric pots. They dry out very fast. I have my eyes on getting a moisture sensor so I can really dial in the irrigation and start giving smaller shots and little to no runoff but I’d like not have a sensor before trying to push the plants that hard. During mid flower I’m going through a 44 gal res every couple of days for 16-20 relatively large plants.

1 Like

1L two hours after lights on
1L two hours before lights off

Not often. Maybe once a week or so under lights. Outdoor different, weather dependant.

This pic is from 10 days or so ago.