I found out you can water/feed everyday if you break it into gallons if you use soil

ie if you have a 3 Gallon soil pot, you can water/feed 1 gallon for 3-4 days and it’ll be fine, just wait for soil to dry out

kind of an advanced technique

dont water/feed more then the max gallon (ie if you have a five gallon pot, only water 5 times if you have a 1 gallon water can)

2 Likes

lots of different variables here, some strains soak up more water, people use different soil mediums, some people have dehumidifiers that dry out the room quicker, ect…

9 Likes

What @Lucky said . Lot of variables .

1 Like

If you are growing rainforest plants that are used to a daily drenching, then by all means water them every day, but for most other plants, a daily watering does much more harm than good. If plants receive too much water, it can cause a leaf-spot fungus, root and, or crown rot. If you water too frequently or too much, your plants become weak and waterlogged. Plants need to be able to absorb oxygen, which can’t happen if the soil is wet and all the space for air between the soil particles has been taken up by water.

5 Likes

these are the plants I’ve been watering 3 times a week

Basically the timing is rough but this technique works well with lazy people, all it takes is a little patience and math

3 Likes

Unless you make sure that water is O saturated :grin:. But I think that falls under “advanced” procedures…haha

1 Like

I give my 3 gallon plants a half gallon every
2-3 days so I thought of it first :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wait until my pots get pretty dry, Just when the leaves start to tell me they need a drink Then I soak them and they suck them ferts up. no math involved except mixing my fertilizers. pretty simple

2 Likes

My 10 gal pots get 2.5 liters every 3-4 days allows me to adjust for anything needing a top dressing of something fairly quickly.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:Oh shit. This one had my side hurting.

3 Likes

Depending on the size of the plant, I give 1-2 qts of water or feed every 3 days, once I pot up into 7 gallons. I also use cloth pots and usually blast a fan around them too. But, ymmv so what works, works. Also I only water once with pure water during the last 2 weeks.

1 Like

My dreamcatcher wouldve dried out quick… I would water 1 gal in 5 gal bucket… Next morning soil is bone dry till i watered again… 1 gal every other day, lemon haze was the same way… Even 2 different phenos of the same strain will drink at different rates…

1 Like

I have a pair of plants in 16oz containers, I have to water twice a day with about 6oz at each time, preferably 8 to give it a little run off. If I’m late a bit, a full 8oz going in won’t have any run off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Many variables indeed…
I grow most of my plants outdoors. I use teeny tiny containers, because they are very easy for me to move and follow the sun throughout the day. I can move 4 containers at a time easily, and I am old and infirm. So the point being that you can water/feed as much as the plant requires. My outdoor puny containers need 3 to 4 waterings/feedings per day. And as I grow primarily only for my own consumption, quality and variety are my goals
These containers are only about ⅔ of a gallon and depending upon weather conditions, need to be watered/fed 3 to 4 times per day during hot summer weather.

numb 11

12 Likes

If you wait til soil is dried out to water, wont you have practically 0 microbiology in your soil?

I reckon if you’re feeding every watering, microbial life doesn’t matter? This sound about right fellow organic growers.

2 Likes

Definitely will be running slower on bacteria levels if they dry out a lot.

I water when my soil is still damp about 5 inches from the surface but I also supplement the bacteria with LABs.

4 Likes