How should I eat all this kief I made?

First the goods.

Next the backstory.

My tent got hit hard by a heatwave and I had to mad dash scramble and process three plants with 10lbs of dry ice. This is the result (via bubble bags - a 73 micron and a 220 micron run).

Any suggestions for non-lung route consumption? Tincture, edible?

Jars are in a blackout bag at 45F.

12 Likes

Try this topic!
It’s an absolute goldmine.

6 Likes

My favorite is the green marijuana flavored suger granola mix that they sell at festivals and stuff. It’s delicious…I’ll see if I can find a recipe.

Still looking for a recipe, but this one is about flavor imo. Need some good leaves to flavor it right.

Maybe make a tincture, then mix with suger and granola, let the alcohol evaporate…etc.

Well…I can’t find the recipe but I found this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://saltonverde.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/10-High_Times_Cannabis_Cookbook.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwikg-7R9If5AhXBIkQIHX8SB704ChAWegQIHBAB&usg=AOvVaw1LPhbGAWdk2A1Q4jqoErdk

ITS A DOWNLOAD LINK of the high times cookbook. If you click, it will download a pdf.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Heady is right, that’s the thread you want to review… a long and winding road but it is all there.

If you have access to high proof ethanol (95%) tincture is a good way to go.
I use a Magic Butter machine (stoner proof).

Cheers
G

9 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures @Kabuddha and @Gpaw you guys are awesome. Thanks!!

Terrific, actionable suggestions!!

2 Likes

One way you can go about it is to decarb at 100 Celsius for different lengths of time.

I have 5 jars of bud decarbed for 1 hr 11 mins, 1 hr 44 mins, 2 hrs 10 mins, 2 hrs 22 and 3 hrs.
I eat a third of a teaspoon of two types every day for breakfast.
Whatever feels right that day.

But since it’s kief, might wanna eat smaller doses if you want to be functional. :smile:

4 Likes

This is handy for sorting out decarb temp/times.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

@GPAW Beautiful! Love me some science!

1 Like

@Rogue Smooth. I love self-medicating the right way!

1 Like

So per this graph decarbing can occur even under 212 degrees Fahrenheit with enough time?

2 Likes

It is my understanding that, left alone in a sealed jar, with enough time, it will decarb on its own. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong…
“you can let it sit for 2-3 months and it will naturally decarb without losing the terpenes from a heated decarb

1 Like

Decarb Question. Is it possible, to Put Keif/Bud in a canning jar, With some form of oil like Olive Oil, and Decab and Infuse at the same time In a pressure cooker? Typically the liquid in the jars in a pressure cooker hit about 250f under 15lbs of pressure which will sterlize anything in the jar presevering it. I was just thinking it might be nice to decarb and infuse in one step! Say pressure cook it for 2 hours at 15 psi? Think it would work?

4 Likes

Decarboxylation converts ?9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) to their neutral, or active, forms: THC and CBD. This chemical reaction occurs naturally over time, but can be accelerated with high temperatures, light and oxygen .

https://mjbizdaily.com/new-research-on-maximizing-thc-during-decarboxylation/#:~:text=Decarboxylation%20converts%20%3F9-tetrahydrocannabinolic%20acid,high%20temperatures%2C%20light%20and%20oxygen.

2 Likes

In principle a pressure cooker would work but in practice… I think there would be some issues especially in the cooldown phase. You don’t want to overshoot the decarb curve as that leads to degrading the THC to CBN.

If you are planning ‘post processing’ ie baking edibles, ideally you should factor that in to the decarb process as well.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Interesting idea. I’ve canned my own tuna for 35 years. Infused with garlic, pepperoncini, jalapeno, whatever suits you. Hmmm.