How small can I go?

Hi all!
So after reading pretty much all seed run/co-op/conservation projects here I decided i want to get involved
Not just to get seeds, even though I did put my name down on the lists that interested me, but to also help producing them.

I haven’t got any spare tents or cabinets nor do I have much room to spare so my plan is to build a micro cab just to dedicate to seed production.

This is where I need some input, to determine how small can I go and still pull out a decent amount of seeds…

If anybody here has a micro breeding cabinet please post a pic and the average ammout of seeds are you able to produce out of it.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Won’t be able to go much smaller than the DOG (drop-of-green)…

26 Likes

I’m making seeds in a mini fridge. No clue how many I’ll get

10 Likes

well to give you an idea

a plant this size can give you around 500-1000+ seeds, so really depends on how many you want and or if you just want to target pollinate a couple branches.

20 Likes

That, sir, is fucking awesome!

6 Likes

500-1000??? Holy crap lol, mines a bit smaller than yours, I was hoping for 50 lmao

2 Likes

all depends on how well pollinated it is but yeah, that one got around there on the upper end 800-1000

6 Likes

Haha oh she got nailed… I dont think theres any actual bud on it lol

5 Likes

That’s ingenious! Was that made by you?
Been playing with that micro/Stealth concept in my mind for a while, with the intention of making a micro cabinet for keeping bonsais of all my keepers, a backup if you like of my genetics, hidden in plain sight but portable like a toolbox or a briefcase.
For seed production I can afford to go a bit bigger though :slight_smile:
If you have a thread for that DOG I’d like to read it!
Cheers.

3 Likes

Thanks @Grease_Monkey I’ve seen you’re fridge.
You’ll definitely get way more than 50 seeds on that.
But I’m gonna keep an eye on it, I want to see how many you end up with.

Thanks @Mr.Sparkle that’s the kind of thing I was thinking/hoping for, what is that beauty’s name? And can you tell me what she is growing in?
Actually I want to know everything about that grow do you have a thread for it?

4 Likes

Lol…I know, right! If you Google “drop of green” you can find the guy who made it on GC. Saw this, like, 10 years ago…before LEDs were even really talked about…more just laughed at back then.

3 Likes

you betcha :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Wtf lol, that’s fucking gangster

2 Likes

I have a 2x2x3 tent that I use for drying and backup veg/flower while stuff finishes in the main flower tent, but I am planning on using it as well for seed runs…my first go will be with some plants that just went into flower tent last weekend.

2 Likes