anyone done SOG vertical shelves

It would be 4ftx8ftx7ft11in grow tent with two 3ftx6ft trays and 4ft height each tier -32 plants per tray. I think I would have to veg less than two weeks from seed to keep them short. I don’t know if that would make me go crazy worrying about outgrowing the shelves or if this would work or too much trouble? Any advice? Thanks

4 Likes

It would be much easier to do this from clones

2 Likes

@Judsbuds , your right , clones with a 3-5 day veg , would be waaaay better : )

2 Likes

So, I know there are some really informative threads on vert growing on another forum, what are the rules on links to other forums? If it’s a no go I can dm you…

EDIT:
So I realize that was a strong non answer.
I’m no expert but have read quite a bit about this style of growing. Most of the grows I have seen in this style grow from clones with really short veg time. I have heard of some people starting dozens of seeds, lighting 12/12 from seed in a pheno hunt though so depending on your goals either is workable.

1 Like

I’m using a 2x4x5 tent split in half with a shelf to pheno hunt, so 30" high per, I can accommodate 24" plants in there. I start too many in 3" and give them 2-3 weeks veg, or until you can recognize the different pheno, 1 week if you’re familiar with the lines. Then transplant the ones I want to flower in 5" pots, wait a couple days and flip.

I used to do it in rackings, 24" deep/36" high/60" wide per case. Same principle, but transplanted in 6" pots instead and an extra week of veg.

It was labor intensive for sure, but you rapidly find what you are looking for.

5 Likes

Wish I could like that twice :+1:

1 Like

Another thing is a 3 tier station works much better for perpetual pheno hunting, top is veg and the other 2 are flower, plus you have somewhere to keep your cuts. 2 tier has some dead time but still gets the job done.

2x 3tier racks
image_2023081 image_2019717

Tent

10 Likes

I don’t have enough room to keep a mother plant plus I don’t want to grow the same strain each time.

what can you yield per plant in a setup like this?

This run was seeded so I didn’t weight it but under t5s and using 6" pot I’d say 10-20g per plant, strain dependant and an average skill set.

Some are bumping Oz+ plants with similar setups…

Check that cabinet.

1 Like