How to do better then ancient forest by general hydroponics

Great vid @lotus710 if only more people would be willing to compost more think of all the problems with that could be alleviated by diverting from the local landfill, I don’t think a lot of people think about this problem that plagues America either that or they just don’t care! Countries like Greenland and Japan (bokashi compost)are way ahead and I’v heard that they divert like almost 100% from their landfill waste ! At least I’ll try to do my part in my 3x3x3 area!

1 Like

The title says how to do better than a certain product. I’m looking for that proof other than an opinion. Pretty sure I have seen you make numerous remarks about GH products, so I am looking for the proof other than the fact your a hater of said company.

I am assuming you have used the product to have said experience/proof that indeed your ideas work better.

Otherwise it is of my opinion that perhaps the title should be changed to a more suited one like, building a soil, or how to make compost.

3 Likes

Oh I notice it especially on my indoor plants new bright green foliage starts in about 3 days or less with castings top dressed or a nice worm tea watered in !

2 Likes

I didnt make an experiment. No opinion its a fact that this shit is half ass composted deforestation byproduct. If you know much about the bagged soil and compost world you wouldnt need an experiment, nor would you need proof as you would of seen proof many times. I am a BIG hater of manstanto forsure! The reason its this title is because i commented in MS thread about ancient forest and he moved it here and named it how to make compost. But its not the correct title. I fixed it to this more fitting title.

Exactly my point. You have nothing in here but an opinion based on your hate of a company you have confused for another company.

Nope, it’s not.

These are your claims. The burden of proof is on you not I.

Pretty sure you mean Monsanto. Not sure what they have to do with General Hydroponics but it looks like you are trying to say they are one in the same. Once again you would be wrong and this is false.

Hawthorn Gardening Co. acquired GH to create a commercial line of nutrients. Hawthorn is a subsidiary of Scott’s Miracle-grow which has a licensing agreement with Monsanto. To lay claims that the two are one of the same is inaccurate and quite frankly a bunch of Shit.

Lets face it Lotus, you got nothing but hate in this thread. Zero facts and all opinion based on a few in accurate early stories posted by others who can’t compete.

This is a direct response from GH when asked:

The rumor that General Hydroponics was sold to Monsanto is false. Hawthorn Gardening Co. purchased General Hydroponics. Hawthorn Gardening Co. is a subsidiary of Scott’s Miracle-grow which has a licensing agreement with Monsanto for Roundup in the home and garden market. That means Scott’s distributes the non-commercial version of Roundup. They are not the same company. They simply sell one product made by Monsanto and only in the home and garden market, not the agricultural/commercial market.

Nothing here at GH is changing. Not our formulas, not our ingredients, not our distribution channels, nothing at all. Hawthorn Gardening Co. wishes to focus on Urban farming and hydroponic food production. General Hydroponics will continue to provide products for its target market as it always has.

Thank you,
Jesse Pennington

Here is his contact for anyone wanting to confirm:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jesse-pennington-13372510

You see I have always believed it is best to do your own homework and not read half the internet BS that is posted. Keeps you from having pie on your face and looking a bit silly.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

John Adams

8 Likes

sorrry it was scotts that owns them😂 big difference there. Actually if you did your studying on soil instead of scotts and monsanto you would know that bagged forest products are half ass composted sawdust and that you making your own compost is OBVIOUSLY better then general hydroponics. And in no way do you need proof of that😂 Also I dont need to give you proof. I dont need you to believe. If you actually think general hydro is any bit good. Have fun with that😅

Ps i love how you mentioned a typo.

I assume you use general hydroponics or some kind of salt based fertilizer??

Maybe this thread should be combined with the other thread ripping apart other products?

3 Likes

Kind of but it should stay here as its more telling you how to do better then vs why the shits bad

1 Like

isnt ocean forest made by foxfarm? or is foxfarm owned by GH ?

1 Like

I think the fine folks here at OG can appreciate the facts over the shit spewing, and it reads like a book.

Yes this is true. Fact is general hydroponics is a horrible company with shitty products including this ancient forest. Another fact here for you too man:) properly done home compost is better then any bottle bag or bucket general hydroponics makes.

Much love :smile: :heart::v:

@lotus710 is passionate about Mother Earth,I’m passionate about free speech here at Overgrow. So I tolerate lotus710 GH bashing until I see the topic become problematic. I get very good results with GH products.

I’m gently reminding lotus710 about our previous conversation about his dislike of GH. Post your dislike and exercise your rights to free speech and then move on…

10 Likes

The young growers at Overgrow are very important to me.

9 Likes

I already told @lotus710 to write a book about all the methods he uses… But he won’t listen to me… LOL

5 Likes

Hey. Ive actually been writingXD maybe not a book. But youll see:)

4 Likes

I gotta be the first to have it! Cheers man!

2 Likes

Guys i love you ^^ Yeah i’m high as fuck but in love too lol

2 Likes

Look at what i am planning to buy in a short time from now. To do better than “ancient forest”.

Now i need you @lotus710, to give me a link or two for the best recipes for compost that have been used by marijuana growers with high success, maybe even yourself…

4 Likes

Not much of a recipe. Just add brown and green materials. Leaves, grass, alfalfa, kelp, straw, hay, etc. Im not a fan of the tumblers personally but i know a few that love them. If you want compost for cannabis just add the same things youd feed your plants. Kelp, yarrow, nettle, alfalfa, etc. You can search compost calculators and itll help you with your carbon:nitrogen ratio:)

4 Likes

It’s easy to assemble and kinda cheap for the capacity it has, thanks man!

1 Like