How to get free equipment

Do the best with what you got. Upgrade.

3 Likes

It used to be that only Office Space was everyday quotable…but lately Idiocracy has become much more quotable.

3 Likes

3 Likes

vernal, thanks a lot for the nice tip! I’ll start looking into that now, and see if I can save up some funds for switching to CMH. I am using only 600W HPS open hood reflectors, and mostly magnetic ballasts right now.

I wonder if we have some chart handy around here where I can compare lux, lumens, watts etc. for different systems like my setup compared to that CMH.

1 Like

I like to visit my old purchases online sometimes and my LED is now 30% cheaper than when I bought it.

Not bothered by it. I got far more than my money’s worth.

2 Likes

315 CMH draws about 335 watts, most of the market is based on the 315 tube. One of those will almost match a 600 HPS. Less lumens but better spectrum/more efficient. Much nicer to look at, too. Cleaner whiter light. They are designed to run on electronic ballast so a bit more efficient there as well.

HPS is old old tech, it works fantastic but this is the improved more efficient version. Philips specifically developed it to grow plants.

4 Likes

If you ever wanted to get into the LED game feel free to message me, I can recommend something for damn near any budget and grow space. Looked into more companies than I can even remember and read peer reviewed scientific research articles specifying what each wavelength in the light spectrum does for our specific plants so I can compare that to the spectrums companies use.

I’m always happy to help! Means all my learning wasn’t just for myself or a waste. Here’s a taste of the LF2000s I helped develope with an opticled 100w bloom enhancer in the middle until I get my T8s made

June 21st

Just now, just under 3 weeks of growth

9 Likes

It’s lovely. Let me think about what I am going to do. I need some place where I can buy these with cash, or otherwise find a mailbox man. In any case I will have to wait a while due to being about broke, so that will give me some time to plan something here. Thank you very much for offering advice! This place is great. Perhaps it is best I try to replace what I have as soon as I get the funding, and donate my equipment to somebody else who needs to grow some meds but has no means.

From firehouse? I’ve used them. :grin:

I actually used one in the yard for a summer and cleaned it enough I could cure in it.

I did a cheaper light this year. BP 4000 I haven’t been unhappy. I’m looking into making my own. I see the lights at Home Depot. I see nice k ranges. I got on for 20$ it puts out 3500k. Yes I would take a free light.

1 Like

All ya gotta do is ask…I’m in no way sponsored or have any strings attached to AC Infinity.
I do tho really love their fans, and that’s the truth.
So I seen they had a new tent line come out, and sent them an email, stating I love their fans, and your new tents look awesome and was wondering if it would be a possibility to test one out. Told them about some of the sites I’m on and sure enough they sent me one.

9 Likes

I’ve been eyeing those tents, I might try to shoot them an email too, they are so cool!

I paid full price for my latest 4x8 from AC and I’m very happy with it, nothing else I have seen in person in the price range is close quality wise. It’s new so time will tell on the durability.

This post is not sponsored by AC infinity.

3 Likes

Only slightly relevant and equally unsponsored but did you know AC infinity can help other sections of your dwelling besides just your grow room? The ductwork to my addition’s living room is just the shitty insulated flex duct work and this helps pull the heat pretty well, variable speed, temperature programmable on/off

2 Likes

It’s not “FREE”, but if you have an online classifieds like Kijiji you can set-up alerts that will let you know when someone is selling what you need for cheap.

I just got a 1x Cloudline T6, AC infinity inline duct fan (6"), a pile of AC infinity hose, all the clamps + 2x RapidLED pucks for about 1/3 of their value… because after 1x cycle the guy said “I’M OUT! Too much work.” so i scored. :hugs:

4 Likes

I checked that out after you posted and daang!

You are right, all manner of deals. Definitely worth trolling if you are looking for upgrades or expansion.

Cheers
G

1 Like