I just got a crazy deal!

My girlfriend doesn’t give a shit, but I know my OG family will:
So this guy hit me up on OfferUp yesterday (for those that don’t know, it’s basically like an online thrift store or garage sale, where people post stuff they don’t want anymore for sale).
I was trying to buy a grow tent from him on the cheap, (Gorilla 4x4 for 80 bucks!) but somebody else best me to it.
Long story short he’s cleaning out his grow room, and needed it gone, so he sold me everything he had left.
Two, 4 ft, 4 bulb/6 bulb t5 fixtures (hydrofarm, and another brand name)
2 full sets of fluoro HO grow tubes
1 two foot 6 bulb t5 with tubes
2 2x4 ebb and drain tables
2 hurricane wall mount fans
1 70 pint dehumidifier
2 gallon humidifier
Assorted yo yos
50 site seed starting tray with dome
3 digital thermometers
2 digital timers
Ph pen and storage solution
Assorted mineral salt hydro nutrients
Assorted GH and fox farm nutes
Half a bag of coco
3 compressed bricks of coco
2 5 gallon buckets with lids
Plant ties
A black and yellow Sterilite tub
A dozen 3 gallon garden pots with trays
pH up and down
3 darkstar beans
9 Sadhu beans (Mandala gear)

He asked me for $150.

35 Likes

Damn, I need to find some deals like that…

6 Likes

Hell ya man that’s a good score indeed!

4 Likes

Most of it I’m gonna probably flip, because I don’t have a 50 square foot footprint to veg, but just 1 light sold breaks me even.

3 Likes

That’s pretty awesome, those wall mount fans alone are great from what I have seen.

4 Likes

Hell yeah! Once in a lifetime deal right there! I’m not doing the math on it but I think you may have just beat me on the grow package I got cheap when I first started from a grower getting out of the game. I know that feeling! Congrats on the haul!

4 Likes

Great score!

Those HO tubes aren’t too far off LED efficiencies :+1:
Check out that pH pen to ensure it has been stored properly (with the solution in the cap).

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Nice score!!!

2 Likes

Those Darkstar beans are str8 :fire:
It’s almost a pure Indica, Mazar I Sharif x Purple Kush
Always catches my attn.:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

It definitely is! I asked if it was, and he told me that he’s a cultivator for a local dispensary group, so he said he stays on top of that shit so he can keep his job :joy:
He also included a bottle of storage solution

3 Likes

Cool to see Sadhu - its been discontinued for years. Ive got some really old f2s of it I need to get to trying soon.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought so too!
Kali Mist and Satori were always nice plants for me years ago; haven’t grown out Sadhu before.

1 Like

As a thrifter, dumpster diver, Craigslist sniper…kudos on that one, that’s gotta be something like 5% or less of retail

3 Likes

Oh hell yes. I almost NEVER buy anything in retail stores. Craigslist, Goodwill, OfferUp, Ebay, garage sales, auctions, etc.
Most folks don’t have the patience to do it, but I have a “funnel” approach:
-There’s something I need to purchase
-Research different versions of the item to decide what best suits my need, and is the highest quality
-Narrow down to 3 options
-Start hunting using the above methods until I find an option that is around 50% off of the retail value

I also have discovered that it’s wildly beneficial to start talking about the thing with people (“Yeah dude, I’m just looking for a Aries by Fohse, lemme know if you see one for like a hundred bucks haha”)
Ultimately you can pay entry level product prices for top of the line gear, so I refuse to pay for almot anything at its MSRP.

4 Likes

Yup yup I have gone that way with my lights so far, got my main flowering rig (HLG 550 R-spec) for 50% MSRP from them as a refurbished unit (they got a bad batch of Chinese Meanwell drivers before switching to exclusively Taiwanese Meanwell, mine ended up with Inventronics in the interim) then stacked a forum code on top of it.

Got a single B-spec QB288 panel DIY kit for veg on sale plus code and a double QB96 Elite DIY setup when they put those on clearance. Some $20 T8 fixtures from Home Depot and a box of four Solacure Super B tubes (they do a deal sometimes for 4x that makes them around $20 apiece), some Buddies from LEDTeknik/Grow Lights Australia. That’s my whole lighting system of 480w QB flower light, 135w QB veg light, UV supplementation, a second flowering setup for backup and for running my veg tent as flower at the end of the season or for seed runs, and some undercanopy supplementation to cut the larf.

All in, I’ve spent about $1100-1200 for a totally modern and modular system made up of stuff I can rebuild differently if I want to down the line or repair easily, for the same price people spend on a single Fluence/Gavita/Black Dog/whatever. I’ve got LM301H everything, powerful UV-B, far red and blue spectrum expansion, everything is dimmable, and the undercanopy lights are waterproof. I could certainly have gone cheaper with more deep DIY or used equipment but my time is worth something too. Just gotta hunt around and think about it like you’re saying.

4 Likes