How to get seeds by stress

What’s up!

3 years ago, on my first run I managed to stress plants in a way they gave me flowers with seeds.

This plants come from fem seeds and all the seeds I got are turning females.

My question is ho do I do that again?

Any rule of thumb?

I would like to have more seeds from other strains I am growing but no idea how to do that…

Cheers

4 Likes

REPEAT the “stressing factors” that initially produced your Selfed Seeds. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

You can also reverse a plant using CS or STS spray.

3 Likes

@misterbee I spent 3 years improving, now I don’t know what I did to stress them like that.

2 Likes

I will check on those sprays but I would prefer the stress approach. More natural and the results are good.

To be fair, I think you will get plants that are more prone to hermie using that method, but I could be very wrong.

1 Like

Generally don’t wanna breed with herms but you do you mate

If you want some easy stressors to induce herm flowers:
veg on 24/0 and flip immediately to 11/13
Or
Let the pots dry out to plant wilting and then bring them back
Or
Turn the lights on for 10 or so minutes in the middle of the dark period a few times a week

7 Likes

None yet, I remember read something about that but yet I kept some critical and ww seeds from stress and all seeds so far were females, perfect ones without any unusual sign.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Glad it’s working for you. And to be fair, that’s how we got the whole Chem line I believe.

2 Likes

Because back in the days I would buy some weed and occasionally there were some freebies, from those I remember to have both males and females but with this rqs seeds plants not happened yet what is really cool but I might try some stressing methods until I get it right like that first time, decent buds and freebies.

2 Likes

Just push them wayyy past their expected lifecycle. They will eventually do just that.
This is called Rhodelization.
It’s the plants way of trying to carry on offspring.

8 Likes

agree pretty much all will throw nanners 3 or 4 weeks past thier prime if you let them go…

4 Likes

Always learning and the advice come in the right time, I’m harvesting, I might left 2 or 3 smaller buds on one or another plant see if they grow some seeds but shoul I keep it 12/12?