How to produce mostly females from standard seeds

Yeah, I take the vodoo chicken over several parts from the text above

5 Likes

Dah fuk you smokin when you posted that? I done spit water all over my brand new keyboard.

I got ya middle toe.
LMAO

15 Likes

That’s some funny sh!t! :grin:

1 Like

Here’s a good video on 2 methods to make feminized seeds.

3 Likes

I belive the dutch passions write up on getting more female plants from regular seed in my experience starting seed outdoor with limited amount of sun shine grew more females

2 Likes

Untill now… it’s only possible to grow female seed ( so not : feminized ) with the right dose of Gibberellic Acid.
Read the first edition of the growers guide from Mel Frank !( before he did make action with the money devil Ed Rosenthal)
Mel Frank told us already in 1969 that it must be possible to do it with GA. He also wrote : It didn’t work out for me but it must be possible.
But it’s hard to do it succesfull.
It did work for me… but only 1 or 2x per year.

Stay cool, SpeesCees

1 Like

Posting this to help some of the old school members realize if you use the search option theres no telling what you find from back in the day! Thanks @LemonadeJoe for doing your best to preserve as much as you could!

3 Likes

Peace. In what way would U be able to find out the NPK levels of Ur medium? I can say for myself that I have noticed males from early on in seedling growth and this is before 3-4 wks. I dont get optimum conditions becuz it seems to always get hot, but I have not had issues with Male to female ratios. I will take this all into account tho. Thanks for the post. I trust that I can figure the sweet spot for getting the percentages up to 90-95%.
But in truth, this is OVERgrow and most ppl probably want a slightly higher ratio of females but dont want to dwindle the Male population down. How else U gonna get more beans and continue the lineage? Female beans or fem beans have their place… just not for me. My 2 cents tho…

This is a FAQ candidate, interesting reading empollon|nullxnull , thanks for sharing … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

I think environmental conditions have more of an effect on determining hermaphroditism since that is a reaction of the female plants to stress, however I find it hard to believe that a lack of stress will produce more female seeds over male seeds.

I think the genetic makeup of each seed is pre-determined, and without influence of chemicals such as GA or undue stress that the plants will continue on their destined genetic pathway. I find it impossible to believe that a male seed will grow in to a female plant simply because the growing conditions are set up a certain way, and there is no real science here.

For example, they say the nutes have to be exactly perfect yet they fail to reveal what that magical perfect nutrient solution is that will produce females from male seed - pure folklore BS.

Nature produces a female cannabis plant that will flower with male pollen, however it does not mutate males in to females without the use of chemicals

10 Likes

When sending your plants off to be tested for sex, they ask you to send in the cotyledon leaves, so that should prove to us that the sex is already determined before the time it comes out of the seed and develops it’s first set of embryonic leaves. :

Therefore it is not at all possible to turn a male marijuana plant in to produce feminized male flowers, however a female plant can be coaxed in to producing male flowers, that produce feminized pollen using silver-based chemicals.

Pre-soaking seeds in gibberellic acid however, has been shown to increase the likelihood of female plants from seeds that may have normally grown as males, but once they are out of the seed it’s not possible to turn a male in to a female, since the sex is determined already by the time the cotyledon leaves appear.

7 Likes

Exactly.

OP is filled w BS.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Madscientist’s 4th Annual 16oz Cup Competition :checkered_flag:

My first grow is filled with inconsistency. Temps go from 72-96, humidity in 40s to 90s, Been raising and lowering light, dimming and turning back up multiple times, 2 transplants, topped and cloned from in this magical 2-4 week period, plants stunted growth in the beginning for a week, I’m still battling all of these inconsistencies (grow cab is in a shed outside, pulls outside air in) and I still got 3 females out of 4 plants. It’s my first grow so it’s all I got to go by but even with everything gone wrong, how did I not end up with more males? I agree with the others that say the plant will be what it’s going to be despite what we do. I think it’s more psychological then anything.

I think most of that is not worth the headache and time given there is actual science and studies on the sex and morphology of cannabis…
For example some natural pgrs like iaa, bap, and ethylene increase fems used in early veg.
Ironically all they mostly sell are fem seeds. Nothing wrong at all with worked fem seeds.

I have some regs i made (bruce b x gps dream catcher m) x (gps OBS male) and used few drops ethephon inside the seed case and stored it.

Theres like 6 growing in a side raised bed so ill find out in a month.

1 Like

Hi.
I believe you’re incorrect on all fronts.
Do you have references?

1. You can make female flowers and seed on a male cannabis.
  2. GA3 increases male percentage used in veg.
1 Like

if you have experience that proves otherwise I stand corrected

No I don’t sir but at the same time I don’t have experience of many things that I know are true by learning.

Also, A Tesla is not a real car. The first real electric car was done by the real Nikola Tesla 100 years ago.
Ok the latter is kinda subjective but old studies show ga increases males and ethylene reverse.
There’s a lot of amazing studies out there you’d be surprised, many even from Iran.
Look at the opportunities and freedoms we have. We can do better OR we are just hiding findings and im going with the hiding part.

3 Likes

hermaphroditism and feminized plants are not the same thing, so I am not sure exactly what point you are trying to prove, but if you want hermie plants go for it

3 Likes

Holy nightmare fuel Batman!

(From the first article.)

6 Likes