How to properly use your Seed Logo

What rights do you have when putting your sticker on a pack of seeds??? Can I put it on an F2 version made by me when I did not create said strain???

12 Likes

I’d put like Corey’s XX f2s and you should be good… I mean probably good the other way as well but less transparent about not being the “original breeders” seeds (some people that are looking for one thing and get something that’s samey same but different get pissy sometimes)

On the reverse, crossing strains and putting your sticker on those would be just fine as well since it’s a new mix em up with genes

10 Likes

OK so if I put my logo on these F2 lemints and put a sticker on the other side of the pack that says Lemints, I should be alright?

4 Likes

Once you buy seeds you can do what you want with them,unless you signed something with the seedsman saying you wouldn’t fuck his/hers/them strains up

5 Likes

Can’t I just slap my logo on it and write Lemints with a magic marker on the other side?

4 Likes

You will get lots of different answers but I think you can do whatever you want.

7 Likes

You can do whatever you want. It really comes down to ethics, if your moral principles are in tact, go for it. People will judge regardless

6 Likes

Corey’s Lemint’s f2 is how I would do it. stickers magic marker or whatever. lWho made them, the verity, and the generation. year made if you want to get fancy

10 Likes

Thanks guys! @Sebring I would love your input.

4 Likes

This is a good way of explaining it yea.

True, you bought them you can do what you want, it’s you’re property and you’re continuing the line.

4 Likes

Like everyone else said, just make it clear they are F2s and you should be golden.

7 Likes

This is prolly different from everybody else - but you should always include the source breeder it came from. Credit given where credit is due. Some breeders spend years and years perfecting one specific trait from one specific strain. Then some pollen chunker first-timer comes along and breeds it – then slaps a ‘cool’ label on it as being “theirs.”

To me its an issue of acknowledging the hard work put in by the original breeder and not just stealing their work and claiming credit for it. It has caused a gadzillion “breeders” claim they have bred something new – when all they did was steal it.

I trust no strain which does not acknowledge its parentage and have grown to HATE these youngster losers who buy a pack of seeds from one seed bank or another and think that since they got some seed they are now a “breeder”. Too many of those losers are facilitating the demise of some most excellent heritage in their efforts to ‘look cool’.

9 Likes

when i give away seeds here i put my sticker on it so they know who it came from in their stash because i noticed ppl on here say a lot… “i got these but i dont remember who they are from”, i generally write the breeder on the other side with the strain.

its not a logo though it is literally this…

if it was a logo i would not put it on seeds unless i made them - just me

4 Likes

I had stickers made because I wanted foil stickers and I thought my avatar might be cool as a foil sticker…it is…sometimes I put them in the envelope when I sent seeds places, sometimes i didnt. it’s about the seeds really. call a rose by any other name etc.

I like that pooch @CornbreadJunior !

3 Likes

I would think the key is being open about them being recreations of the originals by Corey.

2 Likes

Sad to see the volume of bag seed sold to folks as ‘original’ and carrying claims of glorious parentage which is entirely fantasy world bullshit. (cough… Hazeman Seeds… cough…) The longer they are around the more cred they appear to have – to the uninformed or gullible. That said the people who accept that crap often just don’t have the experience or history to tell the difference, IMHO.

You can’t steal someone else’s music and then claim that you wrote it, or change a couple of paragraphs in a book and claim it was your own, you know? In the seed world its still the Wild West of Bullshit for many ‘breeders’ who claim fame and fortune which is simply undeserved. They LOVE to make up stupid names for their bag seed theft.

Sorry. Will try to get off my self-absorbed soapbox.

3 Likes

^Google The Verve Bittersweet Symphony about this.
I think this is a really good topic.

1 Like

Had a roommate banged one of the verve in the late 90’s was her claim to fame :rofl:

4 Likes

Others have mentioned this and I agree, properly labeling the strain name along with F2 would be the classy thing to do in this situation. Others growers will know what to do from there.

Definitely not cool to F2 anyone’s shit, rename it and claim as your own.

4 Likes

The seeds I bought from one of the newer seed stores that said Chocolope or New York City Diesel germinated well. They grew well also and looked and smelled at least similar to Chocolope from DNA and NYC Diesel from Soma. But they were no where as good as either one of the originals? I lost both originals a while back but did get many years out of clones. No mothers just many clones from clones, from clones, etc. I should done that differently I suppose but I was busy with work and family responsibilities. No regrets but I would like to get a better Chocolope, it was always a favorite.

1 Like