HPS, MH, LEDs or a ..mix of the bunch

that pic was b4 the filter was in as i was only vegging/ the bars hang from the frame as shown in pic

that’s cool, I’m not brave enough to hang the carbon filter over the plants, I leave it on the floor of the tent, but I could use the extra space.

1 Like

I hang mine over the plants to evacuate as much hot air as efficiently as possible. (hot air rises)

1 Like

that’s the conventional wisdom. It’s cold in my house most of the year, with the lamps heating the growing area, so I want to draw the hot air down onto the canopy.

I should rig the filter up high though, it would give me another square foot of canopy.

1 Like

I like to add more light to add more heat when possible. Your way would save a little power however. :grin:

2 Likes

You’re my kinda guy @Numbnutts! I too go back and forth with LED and HPS. I need a light for a new tent but change my mind almost daily. I can tell you to check out guys like @Baudelaire and @Jellypowered. They are really on to something with their SolSheets. Your plants are stunning! Jah!

My sentiments prezactly! Exciting developments in led lighting but prices are stupid. Im gonna wait a bit before i drop a substantial dime on 'em. My HPS keeps it warm and fuzzy.

2 Likes

yes nearly top bin LEDs are down to about 75 cents a watt to build yourself so a true 1000w LED fixture could be built for ~750 which is much more than a 1000w HPS. you get much more par/lumens per watt tho

might be able to get it cheaper but i haven’t really shopped around for a while