Humidifiers which one?

looking to get a new humidifier which one out there would OGers suggest thanks in advance

5 Likes

What do you need it for?

i need it for my grow room humidity seems to hover arouind 25% at the moment
12x12 room give or take

1 Like

Have you tried turning down your fan?

I would consider getting an inkbird and a humidifier but that’s step 2

Oh 12x12 is pretty big. I was thinking more small/medium tents.

not running fans right now nothi ng sprouted yet

I’ve been using this one for the past year. It’s been holding out pretty well so far, and seems cheaper than most of a decent size with the coupon… though it’s an ultrasonic humidifier, not an evaporative. If you can’t use distilled or RO water, you might end up with white powder all over your grow room from the minerals.

1 Like

ok does this one have a CL code that shuts it down? i have a better homes and gardens one right now that threw a CL code and locked it out and for some reason i called support and get a different fix it for the 4 times i have called im just gonna trash it and find one that will run without codes

If so, I haven’t run into it yet, anyway. The manual doesn’t say anything about it… though nowadays, that’s no guarantee. :man_shrugging:

yeah my manual dosnt say anything about it either

I use this one or something similar. I struggle with low humidity in my dry climate especially this time of year. Best thing is to have a bunch of plants in flower to raise it for me. And yes, RO or distilled water is necessary if u don’t want a white film all over everything.

1 Like

I’ve been using this one for awhile. No issues so far:

I have and use these in my house, https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/honeywell-hev620bc-top-fill-cool-mist-moisture-tower-air-humidifier-w-humidistat-1-7-gal-0435150p.html

I use this one with an inkbird humidity controller. It’s an analog humidifier with a physical switch and a dial.

Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier with Adjustable Humidistat and 3 Speeds https://a.co/d/6bUQ2hK

The best one I have now is a Air Care big room/ whole house. It hold two 2.5 gallon tanks From Menards (big box store) it just keeps plugging along and out last five others I have in the tent.

I have to run them year round except 4 week. In the spring the two week between furnace and air. In the fall two week between air and furnace. :rofl:

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Just wet more stuff out, don’t burn electricity on humidity.

The Winters in New England are both cold and dry so I opted for a warm steam humidifier that supplies both moisture and a little heat. My plants seem to love it and it is easier to maintain than the ultrasonic models.

This one is made by Optimus and it uses a unique wicking system that captures the mineral impurities in the source water as it creates steam. No need for RO or distilled water.

It also has an accurate and reliable humidistat so you can set it to the level you want and let it work. For my setup that eliminates the need for an Inkbird or other controller.

I fill the reservoir once in the morning and once in the evening. It is more than adequate for my 10 x 13 foot grow room.

FWIW, I burned through three of the cold steam models before settling on Optimus. Picked this one up cheap on Ebay.

Happy Holidays,
-Grouchy

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

Im in need of combating this dry winter climate and im in the market for a new and improved upgrade to my humidifier. Any brands or models you guys/gals recommend? Looking for a large capacity, top-fill unit that will sufficiently provide and maintain RH in a small room! What is everybody rocking with?

Thanks OG :pray:

1 Like

The AC Infinity ones are nice and have big resiviors

2 Likes

It was being snarky about letting me copy the link. I have two of these. Work well for me!

4 Likes

Do you have access to distilled or RO water?

I just did this search. You must use clean water in ultrasonics but they work better. More output per footprint.

I started w a cheapie walmart evap unit. Worked great for one week. The hard tap water slowed the evap by at least half within the next week. Even washed filter and cleaned w vinegar. Eventually got it to work better w RO water but not like new.

Purchased a Levoit ultrasonic from Amzone two weeks ago. Think this is the way to go if you have RO or distilled. Or something similar. This will bring my 4x4 tent to 85rh from ambient 52rh.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B38TQK54?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

2 Likes