Humidifiers which one?

Hey everyone,

Im in need of combating this dry winter climate and im in the market for a new and improved upgrade to my humidifier. Any brands or models you guys/gals recommend? Looking for a large capacity, top-fill unit that will sufficiently provide and maintain RH in a small room! What is everybody rocking with?

Thanks OG :pray:

1 Like

The AC Infinity ones are nice and have big resiviors

2 Likes

It was being snarky about letting me copy the link. I have two of these. Work well for me!

4 Likes

Do you have access to distilled or RO water?

I just did this search. You must use clean water in ultrasonics but they work better. More output per footprint.

I started w a cheapie walmart evap unit. Worked great for one week. The hard tap water slowed the evap by at least half within the next week. Even washed filter and cleaned w vinegar. Eventually got it to work better w RO water but not like new.

Purchased a Levoit ultrasonic from Amzone two weeks ago. Think this is the way to go if you have RO or distilled. Or something similar. This will bring my 4x4 tent to 85rh from ambient 52rh.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B38TQK54?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

2 Likes

RO is definitely necessary… unfiltered water will just cover everything in sediment dust and clog filters/etc… not to mention aerosolize metals and other stuff that’s in the water.

1 Like

I’m with team AC Infinity for their Cloudforge series! I got the smallest one for my drying tent as i have stupid low RH% in winter.

The only thing I’d add is that for any ultrasonic humidifier you may want to invest into a water distiller or get that in bulk as it keeps everything super clean from mineral deposits!

:v:

6 Likes

Appreciate the responses everyone! Yeah i was looking at a few of the Levoit models but hell if you all think so highly of the ACI one, I’ll dive in and do some research tonight on those!

And no, don’t have a RO system so will have to go the distilled route which gets pricey…ugh! What’s the damage on of those water distillers ?@Pigeonman

4 Likes

@BuckeyeBeanz under 200 easy.

I rather despise R/O systems due to their extreme waste so I got this thing for multiple reasons :smiley:

6 Likes

PSA: never touch the silicone dish thing that creates the mist in an ultrasonic humidifier. Don’t ask me how I know. :sweat_smile::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

You all sure pay a premium up in Canada. It’s $97 with a 12% off coupon on US Amazon right now. I’m thinking of getting one just for our coffee as the well water is really high in iron.

4 Likes

Ac infinity , I just got one for early veg and it’s badass.
Probably won’t need it when plants get larger but for winter with seedlings and early veg it works.
Definitely worth the $50 I paid for it.
Just ordered the 67 pro controller so can’t wait for that.
Supposed to be able to control lights,fan humidity etc… from my phone anywhere I am.

2 Likes

I have multiple AC Humidifiers and i love them. I am an ac guy for sure.

If you do decide to go with AC let me know and ill see if i can get you good discount, I kind of know a guy… :grimacing:

4 Likes

What happens?

3 Likes

Pls let us know… or i’m going to have to try…

I love my AC infinity humidifier. If you have an ac infinity fan controller already its a no brainer imo.

1 Like

I was going to suggest this or one like it, brandon rust on instagram has been saying his is great

2 Likes

@JustANobody @NoCal
At the time it hurt and I pulled away and was “burnt”, melted my skin on my finger and 8 years later it’s kinda firmer skin area and it’s dry and will crack and sucks.

3 Likes

That sucks.
Note taken, lol.

2 Likes

Just got an ac infinity humidifier for my 5x5 tent. Still trying to figure out the best way to keep the humidifier outside the tent and pipe the vapor into the tent without having it drip condensation onto the floor of the tent—or in the case of my initial hose routing, directly onto one of the ac infinity oscillating fans. :grimacing:

If anyone has tips for routing the ac infinity humidifier vapor into the tent to minimize drips/splashing, I’m all ears.

Prefer to keep the humidifier outside the tent to reclaim floor space in the tent. Since ACI says not to route hose in a U shape and recommends inverted U instead, that’s where the dripping comes from.

I think I read about a different brand of hose that works better for it that lots of folks use but I’ll have to dig around and see if I can find that rec. Don’t have aci myself… but I want to help!

I actually just had a live chat with AC Infinity customer service. It seems they’re now recommending that the hose ends slightly angled up in the tent—no U or upside down U shaped bends. Gonna try that and see what happens.

If you find it let me know!

2 Likes