Hydroponic Trip

If you can fit it in the tent, that would be ideal. Otherwise, I would put it by the exhaust from the tent.

2 Likes

Hi OGs! I haven’t updated in a while because there hasn’t been much to write about.

Day 49. 2 of the plants look healthy while the third has got burned leaves all over. Breeder promises 7 weeks but I don’t think theyre ready for harvest yet. Also it seems they will not finish at the same time. I will have to dry in tent because of the smell so ill have to harvest all at once :grimacing:

The tallest in the back looks almost ready

The biggest yielder is close second

And the burned little one might be dying before she is ready :sob:

I wish I had a better camera so I could ask your opinion on when to harvest. I probably have to harvest in 7-10 days anyways.

Next update will be on harvest day. Hopefully with a better camera and proper lighting :grin::sweat_smile:

Stay safe everyone!

4 Likes

Shaky hands :grimacing::grimacing:

8 Likes

looks like she is ripening up, but could use that 10 more days for sure.

3 Likes

Haha yes. I gave them 10 days and theyre still going. I wish I had another week but I have to harvest tomorrow.

I will post my thoughts about this grow after im done trimming. Here’s a sneak peek to my next project:

Stay safe all!

4 Likes

Looking lovely. I would hit it!

3 Likes

Hi ogs! Day 62 harvest. Trimming is a lot more work than I thought. It took me 3 hours to trim a plant. 2 more to go :sleepy:

I finally have a grow under my belt :grin::joy: it is very satisfying. Big thanks to you guys for reading my diary and helping me out! :kissing_heart:
This is RQS critical. Looks like big yield. I’m sure an experienced grower could get insane yields from this strain. Very good for beginners also. If the smoke is good I will grow critical again next summer when it’s very hot and humid again. Rqs says 7 weeks flower but I went 9 weeks and still couldnt find any amber trichs. I wish I had more time to finish it.

Back to work. Stay safe all!

6 Likes

Congratulations on your first harvest, looks great. Yeah trimming is not fun, and why it’s called trim jail, :wink: one of the penalties of growing a lot of plants well is lots of trimming. I let my plants run to 70 days or more usually, they amber up in the cure as well so don’t get too worried if you have none when you chop them.

3 Likes

Trimming is my least favorite part of growing and about 40% of the labor involved haha.

Many times I will simply turn most of the harvest into bubble hash. You can process 8oz (of equivalent dry material) in bubble bags into melty hash in about 1.5 hrs, dried and pressed in 24 hours. That’d take me a good 6 hours of trimming otherwise. It saves so much time, plus curing process (or even the drying process) is eliminated entirely. I often opt to trim just the top colas and wash everything else.

2 Likes

Hi OGs I’m back!
It’s mushroom season :grin: Usually I would go out to pick shrooms twice a week but this time I traded some weed for them :sunglasses: Picking shrooms in wet cold darkness is worse than trim jail tbh.

Psilocybe semilanceata :heart_eyes:
Very potent stuff. 1.5g made me trip. Felt about twice as potent as the cubensis I ate last month.

Critical is a decent smoke but it will put me to sleep every time smoke more than a bowl. Good weed is hard to come by where I live so I’m proud of my weed lol :relieved:

7grams bud 3 weeks in jar

Enough with the feel good crap. It’s time to grow some weed. :money_mouth_face::japanese_ogre:
I planted the remaining 3 critical seeds and 1 killer a5 haze. One of the critical didnt sprout. The second one took a few days to sprout but is growing vigorously. Third one is a lot smaller and growth looks weird. She didnt spread out after topping. The branches kind of clump up and leaves are small and wrinkly.

Any idea whats wrong? Cull or keep?

The haze only took one day to sprout! Also she gains height twice as fast as critical. I need to keep her under 120cm. She was almost twice as tall as the critical so I freaked out and super cropped her.

crits on the left and ka5h on the right

Originally i was going to upgrade my setup a bit but I decided to do it after this run once I know a bit about the haze. Only thing different from last run is I changed to Advanced nutrients connoiseur. Recommended by hydro shop keeper. Im still using ghe 3p in veg.

Possible problems this grow:

• Keep haze under 120cm (4ft?) :sweat_smile:
  • different strains drinking from same reservoir. If I harvest critical at week 10 will the roots die and rot before haze is finished? :thinking:

Thanks for reading everyone! Stay safe!

1 Like

Leave some stem and leaves on the base of the plant when you cut it down and the roots will be fine. This is a pic of one of my recent grows. I cut this plant down because it was molding badly, but had to leave the other one to finish ripening up. The roots were perfectly healthy for another almost 3 weeks and could have gone much longer.

Sometimes that can be an issue. Some strains like higher or lower EC, drink more or less, etc. Sometimes it works fine. You may have to compromise and split the difference depending on how it goes. To be honest, that can also happen when all the plants are from the same seed batch. Our plants have a lot of variability.

Those two plants in that pic were from the same seed batch. One grew short and very dense, the other one was tall and lanky. The short one always looked over fed and the tall one under fed.

4 Likes