Hypochlorous Acid......a Deep Dive

For those of you utilizing hypochlorous acid in your nutrient reservoir system, I have some information that may be of help to you…
The problem I recognize is that there’s a BUNCH of hypochlorous acid products offered in the hydroponic nutrient lines…they very tremendously in their strength and manufacturer recommendations. About all you can do is choose one and follow their recs. HOWEVER…the effectiveness and viability of your acid in the nutrient system will diminish as it attacks pathogenic organisms…so how the hell do I know if my acid is at optimum levels through the grow season?? AND, what if I find a cheaper hypochlorous acid on line and want to use it??? How do I know how much to use???
Well my friends, there is an EASY solution to all those questions…it’s called a ORP (oxidation/reduction potential) meter. Now, with a little practice/observation you can keep your system optimized with ANY hypochlorous acid you brew yourself or purhase at a reasonable price.
I’m posting this article that explains it quite well, and it’s one of the few places I could find explaining everything in one place…

https://www.grozine.com/2021/11/09/clear-line-hydroponic-hypochlorous-acid-review/#:~:text=As%20you%20guessed%2C%20Clear%20Line%20is%20a%20hydroponic,added%20per%20gallon%20of%20water%20or%20nutrient%20solution.

If you’re a hydroponic grower, it’s worth your time to give it a read!

OPTIMAL ORP LEVEL IN CANNABIS HYDROPONIC SYSTEMS IS 420mV

19 Likes