I hope I didn't make a mistake.

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I have posted here on the Farm. I haven’t grown any cannabis in a while out doors. Probably since 98. I won 4 Texas Time Warp seeds. Its 2 Pounder crossed with Durban Poison. The seed package says perfect for outdoor growing. Mold and mildew resistant. I geminated just by putting them right into the pots with just some Vigoro potting soil. I know its not PHed right and is a little hot for seedlings. But its worked ok so far. As soon as they sprouted I put them outside. I’m north east in Massachusetts. Its been almost 3 weeks now. I did top them off with some Coast of Maine lobster compost 2 days ago. Ill be transplanting them next week or so. I was going to buy some kind of super soil from my local Hydro store. We don’t have Big Rootz out here but we have Happy Frog and Fox Farm and Coast of Maine. I wanted to know how these looked. My mistake i think has been giving them supplemental light at night with 3 big cool white cfl’s for 6 hours sometimes a little longer. I was going to continue to do this until the end of June. Or should I just keep them out side 24 hours a day. I really want this to work out. My father just had tumors removed from his lungs and his lymph nodes removed. I really want to make some medibles for him and some primo bubble hash. Have I made a mistake giving them supplemental light at night? I wanted to keep the node spacing tight for scroging them. Also just an over all how do they look. Should i be buying any nutes? I was going to just use super soil and a compost tea during flower. I am going to start toping them at the 5th node. My biggest one is on its 4th node going on its 5th this week. But my friend thinks it might be a male. He says the biggest ones usually turn out male because they need to drop the pollen on the females. which makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want this to work out. Don’t be shy I can take constructive criticism. I do understand that i needed to put something like perlite in the soil for drainage and aeration. Ill make sure the super soil has it when I transplant them.

9 Likes

Welcome to OG @BDH420 , I would say just keep doing what you are doing , they look good. You can’t judge a male by it’s size but just keep watching the nodes. A male will show it is a male long before it drops any pollen. You will be able to tell by the pollens sacks stacking up like coconuts. It’s pretty impossible to miss.

4 Likes

I agree with Doug. Just keep it outside with outsupplemental light. We’re at more than 14 hours of light right now which will keep them in veg, your not going to need to worryabout your spacing, your outside, give it a truckload of LITFA.

The coast of Maine Stonington blend is $. I’m using it currently.

5 Likes

No need for nutes, those will only diminish the medicinal effect.
You can add dandelion, nettle, thistle, grassclippings, horse manure, and fruit & veggie kitchenscraps to your soil. Either topdressing or mixing it in with new soil.
All this will add minerals and nitrogen to your soil.
Especially chopped up banana peels are great as they are rich in potassium and phosphorus.

If you have a male you can maybe just let it run its course, then you have a whole bunch of free seeds. You can pick them out after drying the harvest.

If making Rick Simpson Oil seems too daunting or undoable for you:
The way I prepare (decarboxylate) my cannabis after drying is by cutting it up finely with a pair of scissors into an empty pot, cover it with the lid, then placing that pot on top of a bigger pot with boiling salted water for 3 hours (check the water every 20 minutes and add more as necessary, this method is also called “au bain marie”). Then eat one teaspoon at a time, as much as your dad can handle, starting with one, working up to 3 teaspoons or whatever he can handle.

3 Likes

Plants look healthy Lobster Compost sounds good its giving me the munchies . I hope your fathers health improves maybe some RSO Rick Simpson Oil ?

3 Likes

Welcome @BDH420 plants look great! Don’t sweat the small stuff your plants know what to do…the inclination is to do too much when you are a new grower. :smiley:

Here is an update. I took the advice from all you amazing people here. I stopped with the supplemental light about 3 weeks ago now. I have transplanted them into 5 gallon buckets and used Fox Farms Happy Frog soil and started a water reservoir since the chlorine in tap water would kill the beneficial microbes in the soil. I’m not sure if i should buy anything to feed them with. I’m also worried about some of the crack heads at the end of my block taking them once they flower. I don’t talk to them so they wouldn’t know they are there until they get a little bigger. I do have security cameras on them. But I don’t thing that would keep them from taking them. My neighbors all grow last year some one ripped the tops off all their plants. I guess it happened for blocks around my neighbor hood. My guess was the crack heads. l live on the second floor and they are on my deck so they would have climb a couple flights of stairs to get them and again I have cameras but I’m nervous all this work will be for nothing and I really want this to work out for the RSO.

2 Likes

I would make it super easy and super successful. Grab a bag of Craft Blend from build a soil and topdress once now, once more 30 days from now. Then grab a bag of build a flower from build a soil and topdress heavily once at the onset of flowering. You will grow beautiful plants with nothing more than water.

While you are at it, grab a bottle of Neem meal from them and a bag of Agsil 16. This will be your pest preventative. Spray them once a week religiously and you will grow healthy plants.

Mulching your containers will help keep your micro life thriving. A bag of straw for a couple bucks will pay for itself 5 times over.

Make sure you have plenty of drainage in those buckets. Hopefully you have holes in the bottoms of those buckets.

As for your theft problem in the neighborhood, I would bet the farm it was teenage kids instead of the local cluckers. Crack dealers wont accept weed as payment. Especially green wet weed.
This worry can be easily addressed. Just trellis them at a low height and train them to grow horizontally. This way you can pretty much end up with a carpet full of 12-24 inch tall buds. Look into scrog on youtube or here. That will give you the basic understanding of the goal you will be trying to accomplish.

Doc
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

awesome advice! Thank you. I grabbed a bail of straw while picking up the soil. I do need to grab some neem this week. I do have holes all on the bottom and the sides right on the bottom. Its cool you mentioned the scrog screen as we were going to do this anyway. I was thinking of ordering some Build a soil. Ill have to place that order now. Thank you again. Ill have to start a proper grow journal now. Here is an updated pic from today. They are loving their new homes.

2 Likes