I like to Schwazz...anyone else into Schwazzing?

Very dense canopy on day 45 of flower.

6 Likes

Every time I see Schwazz I think Swayze. And when I think Swayze… I go here :laughing:

6 Likes

You’ve got to love trimming and have A LOT of time on your hands for this. Terps fuck me up when I’m trimming to the point I get a head cold because my big sensitive nose can’t deal with the pungent odours. I’ve even tried wearing those second world war/MIG fighter pilot face masks which are just damned uncomfortable. I’m pretty sure that plants kick up more stink if they’re under attack from certain pests like sciarid fly larvae. I’ve got a bro science theory that the plants will up their terps to fend them off in a similar way that other herbs that are left to struggle produce more medicinal oils like mint or lavender. At least it has seemed that way from my experience. I could just be a big fat pussy on the trim front. I do like my bud to be bud not bud with a load of leaf round it like some lazy bastard friends of mine who convince themselves they get more smoke if they leave leaves on… so dumb. I’d like to have friend who I could give clones to in case I lose mine but they’re sooo fucking lazy, it beggars belief. Soz. a bit off topic.

2 Likes

Funny you say that @Mestizo : )
When I look at swazzing pics up close all I see is leafs pretending to look like colas lol that’s dumb haha
Then the next set of pics you usually see are all the extra leafs trimed tight to hide them and make them look like part of the buds ( illusion to the untrained eye )
: )

1 Like

Be cool if the folks who think this is a good thing would post some good pics and say how long you been growing.

2 Likes

Haha just cuz youve worked on cars for 10 years , dosnt make you a good mechanic : )

3 Likes

Ok lets see some quality pics please.

I’ve been growing for about 4 years and I have been using this technique for the last two years, check out my other grows on Qtip's continuous cannabis corner

So no decent pics?

Not if you don’t follow the link…no.

1 Like

I did and my question still stands.
I see small plants over crowded under leds.

ok bud have a good day

1 Like

I just scrolled through @Qtip 's grow & it looks like they know what they’re doing. Cool plants & setup. Frosty good looking buds :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @Gonzo, I appreciate your kind words.

1 Like

Different strokes for folks I guess. A good producing plant that doesn’t fold under pressure should normally come up trumps. I’d take some plants to war and I’d leave some doing admin. :wink:

1 Like

We all growin ……… we all happy
: )

1 Like

Here’s the direct opposite of Schwazz. Shall we dub it a “Laz” ? as in lazy good for nothing did nothing let the plants do entirely their own thing and got possibly a bigger yield with longer buds in less time added for defoliating fans. Untidier for sure but I aint no Marie Condo. large.5ca5cc00e76c0_HeadbangerSourDieselxMandarina.jpg.6fd7da681ff3dff66910020799c628ec|666x500 as many bud sites with longer buds that were less work to manicure.

1 Like

Trying the real Day 1/21 (actually 22 oops) defoliation in a gentle way this round in my 4x4, let’s take a look:

Day 22 before

Day 22 after:

6 Likes

It gets addictive, I started off about this level and took more and more leaves each round and was always struck by how they put all the effort into the buds.

3 Likes

Think this method is strain specific - have done before -???