I need any advice for my first grow

This is my first grow and Im outside. These are bags seeds and I believe it is in the diesel family. It seems that is what is circulating the most down here in South Florida. Anyways, These babies are only about a little over 3 weeks old. They are soiled in MG moisture control. I know dont crucify me lol. But I do have some FOxFarm now once Im ready to transplant to bigger pot. Is that a good idea ? or no? and the light cycle when growing outdoor is not 18/6 which concerns me since I see that is the standard in veg. And Im new to the forum. Im looking to build lasting relationships with fellow cultivators.

Peace

If you can get the time within an hour or so from outside to inside light schedule you will be fine. If not you “might” get a flower then reveg going on or even straight to flower. Use the soil you have, i don’t use miracle grow but a lot of people do, there is even a thread about it. Ha! Ha!
PS. Try not to switch more than fifteen minutes a week. You can add outdoor christmas or work lights to adapt the plant.

1 Like

Thanks man. So you dont think it would be a good idea to use the FF once I transplant?
I used the MG for the seedling because I didnt realize I had a local hydro shoop near me. SO I decided to get a bag of FF.

And so if I understand you correctly, I should add artificial light at night to compensate? if so, interesting. I guess that would defeat the purpose of outdoor grow. Then I should just grow indoors.

Fox Farms would be ideal. If you are using an 18/6 light schedule, then plant outdoors and the light is 16/8, then there is a two hour difference. If you use outdoor lights to make up the difference. Then reduce artificial light fifteen minutes a week until equal with daytime light and you won’t have to worry about reveg or early flower.

1 Like

I would not stress at all. In my opinion, those plants are not sexually mature and therefore won’t flower any time soon. By the time they are mature the day light hours will be full veg and they won’t flower for a few more months.

If I were you, my bigger concern would be what my root temps look like. Those dark pots cook your root zone if left in direct sun.

Stay Hazed and happy growing
Jake

2 Likes

Yeah I was concerned about that. So what would be your suggestion? Would you recommend me transplanting now to smart pots to prevent any problems?

Hey 453,
Well, since I love the portability of pots I always dig a hole in the ground the size of my container and drop it on in. Still portable but not being baked.

Friends paint their grow bags/pots white. Others don’t even worry.

You should not have the high root zone temp issue with smart pots, I would think… Maybe someone can chime in on that, I don’t use fabric pots.

I would wait a few more days before transplant, but if you must do it now I think you’ll be fine.

You having fun yet?

Stay Hazed,
Jake

2 Likes

yes fabric pots!! preferably your own made soil :wink: but thats just me. get the tan smart pots or camo root pouches:) i use em all the time. dont have plastic pots around anymoreXD

1 Like

Im def having fun lol. This has been a learning experience so far. I think digging some holes is a great idea!

1 Like

Yes Im going with the smart pots. easy inexpensive. Nothing to think about.

1 Like

I use them too. You can check my grow if you like:)

Yea man where can I see them?

There ya go dude.

Quote from 1st post:
This is my first grow and Im outside. These are bags seeds and I believe it is in the diesel family. It seems that is what is circulating the most down here in South Florida. Anyways, These babies are only about a little over 3 weeks old. They are soiled in MG moisture control. I know dont crucify me lol. But I do have some FOxFarm now once Im ready to transplant to bigger pot. Is that a good idea ? or no? and the light cycle when growing outdoor is not 18/6 which concerns me since I see that is the standard in veg. And Im new to the forum.

Welcome aboard!

I live and grow in SoFla.
You will not have any problems with your plants being outdoors now.
They will get very large as they veg until sometime in the last half of August or so, when they begin to flower( depending on the strain).
Remember, the larger the containers you use, the bigger the plants will get.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks. Thats assuring to find someone near me who shares the same climate lol. Cool. So are you a mostly indoor or outdoor? or both?
Maybe you can help me get my hand on some stronger genetics.

I grow both in/out.
I am very far south in Fl, at about 25 latitude.
The intense sun works wonders, with almost zero chance of frost. Fantastic for finishing long flowering sativas nicely!

Shoot me a PM😎

1 Like

Cool. so when you say zero of chance of frost. Do you mean less visible trichomes? explain.

I will def shoot a message.

He means frost as in the icy stuff that is onthe floor/ground in winter. Dependant onwhere you are you get frost as late as march and as early as september.

If your plant is a natural (not auto or fast version) they usually finish outdoors in september, frost can be an issue.

ohh ok gotcha. Well def not an issue here in south fl as we only have one season lol. Maybe gets cold 3 days out the year.