I really screwed up guys

I am drying out in my 2x4 tent. Humidity was right at 60% for the past few days. When I checked on it this morning, the humidity had dropped to about 55% so I plugged in the humidifier for a minute until it climbed back up to about 61. I pulled the plug and headed off to work. When I got back about 6 hours later, I went to check the humidity and to my horror, I noticed I unplugged the fan and the humidifier had been running non stop.

Everything is soaked.

I opened the tent up wide, cleaned off all the standing water and put a large floor fan on the bud to get the beaded up water to evaporate off of them.

How screwed am I?

15 Likes

I’d call Noah…the guy with the ark :wink:.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

I wouldn’t sweat it too much if it was only 6 hours. Just dial it back in, keep a close eye and you should be good to go

13 Likes

Buck everything off the stems and get them on nets if you can, have a fan on and as much circulation as you can. Good luck bro🙏🏽

13 Likes

These are great

13 Likes

Thanks bros. I have been closing the tent and letting humidity climb back into the 70s or 80s before I open the gates of hell and put the hurricane fan back on them.

I swear I can’t win on this grow lol. The last plants I pulled out I way over dried and now It’s like I’m trying to drown these.

5 Likes

@FattyRoots I think I can pick one of those up from my local hydro store tomorrow

4 Likes

lol I hear ya been there before on both ends. That sudden hit of panic from forgetting to turn fans on on the most humid of nights, and forgetting to turn them off on super dry days. :laughing: It happens. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I agree with sensibowl. 6 hours too wet shouldn’t be a big deal. Good luck✌️

5 Likes

The big issue is letting it dry to the point where it won’t cure. Don’t worry at all about soaking it. Many folks wash their bud before drying.

12 Likes

Inkbird inkbird inkbird

8 Likes

right now i just soaked a bunch of branches in water + hydrogen peroxide. just hang them, put a fan, and hope for no mold. they should be dried (from the excess) in 2 or 3 hours top.

3 Likes

That’s on my to get list for the next run. At like $50 I should have been had that.

2 Likes

That’s EXACTLY how I dry Sunflower Seeds also. Can’t beat it, collapsible also, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Good news. She’s regulated herself back down to 60%

giphy (8)

10 Likes

Do you behave to keep flipping the buds in those so they don’t go flat in one side?I know it all smokes the same was just curious I almost bought one of these and I’m really thinking about getting one.I could label all my different shit in those and not get all my buds mixed up.Not that it really matters I could tell you everything I have in the dark with my hands tied behind my back.I spend a little too much time with my plant’s somedays

2 Likes

Yup. I use one. Well 2 of them. Work great.

Keep airflow on it til it’s dry. I usually try for cold airflow air conditioned.

2 Likes

@CapnCannabis I like to hang the big heavy stuff and use the nets for the smaller stuff so flattening is not a big issue. Reason I recommended Indi buck them down is because the stem holds alot of moisture.

Definitely a good way to divide smaller harvests too

3 Likes

Humidity is down to 55 again so I might try snapping some branches and see how that goes. I am only on day 7 of drying and don’t want a repeat of the last batch.

2 Likes

That’s called pre-washing your flowers to remove any contaminants before drying them. That’s a smart practice, especially if you grow in areas with a lot of smog or dust. Washing can clean debris off the trichomes without breaking the heads.

There’s also a whole different method called “water curing”.

It’s mostly done for making edibles with weed because the process removes all impurities in the flower. It renders the flower very smooth, without potency loss.

Water cured flowers could be taken and re-cured the traditional way, hang dry and jar, then smoked and you would notice the smoothness I mentioned.

@Indicana_Jones , I’ve had similar issues with high humidity while hang drying flower and can tell you that you just start the drying & curing process all over again.

It’s great that the first two members to give answers gave the right answer. Thanks go to @SensiBowl and @FattyRoots for the quick answer and for giving @Indicana_Jones some piece of mind.
This is proof you’re in the right grow community.

Leaving the fan on around your hanging flowers could have been much worse… flowers becoming too dry is a real problem. The flowers can’t be remoistened properly after becoming too dry.

Too dry creates cell wall damage within the plant tissues and those cells can no longer retain moisture for any length of time, stopping the curing process while making the flowers brittle, causing trichome loss and you also run the risk of losing fragrance/flavor due to terpene evaporation.

4 Likes