If water "kills" pollen then

If a male busts open can you spritz down your girls or would you have to get there at the time it opens?

That is purely theoretical question. You can be 100% sure to prevent pollination by spraying water after male opens it flowers. The process is pretty fast once pollen clings on pistil. Usually growers have oscilating fans in their grow rooms and it makes pollen spread easily.

Thank you an yes it was just a question that popped in my head after reading a thread what about as a preventative measure for beginers who may not be able to tell sex early on spraying all the plants lightly until you can absolutely be sure

Easiest way to tell sex of the plants is to look for pre-flowers at vegetative stage:

1 Like

No, if its already “open” then the damage is done.

1 Like

There is a product out there that I use religiously when Fino hunting any type a strain or if I’m unsure a strain will put out hermaphrodite flowers or just as a preventative there’s a company called optic foliar and there’s 2 products called switch and transport you add 40 mL to 1 gallon of switch you do not add water you just add the transport at 40 mils to a gallon of switch once you mix it up you only have 15 minutes to spray it it’s a product that is used to make seedless watermelon and grapes it’s 100% non toxic you spray it twice in the very beginning of flower 10 days apart with the lights off and fans off wial u spray it do a light spray and after done spraying turn the fans back on or you can wait 10 minutes it will give you 100% protection against male flowers from hermaphrodite’s and It will make the male pollen sterile if you have any questions hit me up