Im confused - when to induce flowering with SCROG?

Mr. Soul from brothers Grimm explains it easiest imo. He was on subcool’s show a while back explaining how he makes fem seeds and he talks about it.

1 Like

You may find more scientific data by looking at intersex flowers in cannabis. The term “hermi” or “hermaphrodite” is more of a stoner term.

I think I got the gist on the hermies. Basically a gender confused plant :slight_smile:

Ok, today my ladies are starting to show their stuff I think!

7 Likes

You got it keep on keepin on

1 Like

Those are definitely female pre-flowers. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I keep looking at mine and thinking they are pre-flowering but, it is just another set of leafs sprouting at each node.

1 Like

All in good time brotha

I flipped her a couple of days ago she was cloned from my last grow

9 Likes

That looks really good to my untrained eye! Is that a single plant?

I envy your nice even spread and heights! My four babies are all different heights and spreads.

Im getting really close to flipping I think. My screen is approaching 70% full and my last baby started showing pre-flowers yesterday. Im having some under feeding issues that are causing some stress, so Im going to wait a few more days - until they are all looking happy - before I do the flip.

yeah that is a single plant & a bit unruly but that is the purpose of the Scrog to control that canopy , I’m still learning myself

Here are my four plants today. Northern Lights on the left and CBD Critical on the right.

Some of the shoots are growing “like weeds” and others seem stuck at one height! I need to work on my weaving skills too. I have holes in some places with no bud sites and they are over crowded in others.

If this image is a potential bud site (cola?), then I have somewhere around 70+ possible bud sites. For a 7 sq ft space, does that sound reasonable or toooo many or way under full? Some are still pretty small and others want to take over 1/4 of the room!

5 Likes

Your count is on. If you can keep them on course, you will be in trim jail for some time after harvest.

99%

If your new to growing or SCROG, MY opinion is FLIP them now. There will be two periods that the plant stretches one in the first two weeks of flower and a second about halfway through. Looks’awesome keep up the good work. 8 inches seems kinda low. If I may ask what is the maximum height between the top of the pots in the bottom of the light and what kind of light is it.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is my first ever grow - of anything other than my front lawn :slight_smile:

Both of these strains Im growing are advertised to stay short, but I have been surprised at how short they want to stay. They are very bushy though

I have a DIY light fixture made from SolStrips. Its the same LED’s used in Quantum boards. Max wattage is 288 watts for my setup.

I currently have the light about 15"-18" above the canopy tops.

I think I agree with you that its about time to flip. Im going to give it another day or so though. They have been kind of stressed the last several days because I have been under feeding them. Im going to let them all recover a bit, then do the flip.

1 Like

Hey amigo, you can always add another layer of netting above the existing one if they stretch to much.

to reduce stretch before flower reduce N input and maintain the nightime temp as close to the daytime temp as possible.

sorry if this was mentioned above, just saw the post and I am on my way out the door.

5 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your results with the double layer scrog net @Viva_Mexico ? I was thinking of making a micro double layer scrog net for Individual mother plants each coming from their own netpots. Wanted to make it so the upper scrog layer is bigger than my lower scrog layer (like an upside-down pyramid) Wanting to maximize my usable space and cuttings per mother plant.

1 Like

Im having trouble picturing how a second layer would work. Is it just for support or do you weave the shoots just like the first layer to make a second, solid, canopy?

If so, how does the first layer get enough light and room to grow?

this Scrog from my last grow stretched more than I anticipated & probably should of had a second net but still worked out good

4 Likes

the bottom layer is mainly for support, starts to direct your tops out so everything can fill in

1 Like

Good, I used the first net for maintaning a wide base and the second to hold the colas up. In some places I didn’t put the second layer and regret it.

2 Likes