Auto flower Lighting Schedule aka Robs Winter 2019 Shed Grow

Hi fellow growers Happy New Year to you all.

Because of The low night time temps it’s cheaper to run my lights than heat my growbox is there any issue with running 24-7 on these ladies to be…

16 Likes

No problem at all, some use 20/4 cycle but that’s the fun of autos haha

4 Likes

Cheers @toastyjakes
That was simple… thanks :grin:

4 Likes

You could run your light 20/4.

13 Likes

These ran under 24hrs till a week ago when they when to 12/12 for their last two weeks to accommodate other plants in the tent

edit they are swelling up better than this picture shows lol

12 Likes

I’m running mine 24 hours a day, they seem to love it to be honest.

11 Likes

That blows my mind with zero darkness how do they photosynthesize? I thought they needed at least an hour of darkness. Wow!

6 Likes

Cheers @TrevorLahey and @toastyjakes

That’s useful… as I said the solstrips keep my cab temp at 20c overnight so running them through the day too makes sense if the plants can use the energy…
They have lasted the 1st 48hrs and just had their 1st feed of half strength nutes.
:clinking_glasses::grin::grin:

6 Likes

They need a rest period, but they will rest with the lights on just like you or I. :wink:

9 Likes

Ive done autos on 18-6,20-4 and 24 hours. More light equals more growth. So if these autos are not photosensitive why do they grow better with more light…my dad asked me. I told him the genetics of ruderalis is basicly cannabis evolved to grow in 24 hours of light, like they have in Alaska and parts of Canada and Russia. As I am sure any plant consistently grown in those conditions would find a way to live, and breed. It makes me ask how else can cannabis evolve? And what will future genetic engineering do for the species.?

5 Likes

Nutrient fixing to counter poor soil conditions?

3 Likes

Life finds a way. The thing I love most about autos is they don’t give a damn what you do they’re gonna flower whether you want it or not.

More light at least in theory is more yield, in theory…

5 Likes

IME, I saw no difference between 20/4 and 24/0. I did see an increase from 12/12 to 18/6 to 20/4, but then diminishing returns after that.

There are plenty of reasons to run the lights 24/0 though. It may be cheaper to run a light than to run a heater, 24/0 should be stable temperatures. Not to mention one less timer. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Maybe. Think about how well cannabis absorbs water at different temps. The autos are probably a little better at getting nuits out of cold soil, where you would normally see growth slow and nuit uptake decrease.

3 Likes

This. In summer I almost have to have some lights out time or I’d cook my plants alive. In winter now it’s normal for my basement to drop to 10C or below but by running my lights all day (and a small cabinet heater) I can keep it within operable temps.

5 Likes

I had meant fixing nitrogen, sulfur, and any other nutrients that can be fixed from the air around the leaves. Clovers do it after the bacteria make their home in the soil, but I’m unsure if they help cannabis if they’re in the same soil. If not maybe we can help coax out some nutrient fixing traits in the future.

2 Likes

Nice strong early growth… looks like all 3 are viable… so far 24/0 doin the do…

8 Likes

cheers @shroomgod ive just noticed your post and i was rude enough not to reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a lot going on really just growth… the whole thing just chugging along in full auto mode in the shed. I’m feet up smoking and drinking coffee :grin::grin:

8 Likes

Day 11 from germination :grin:

11 Likes