Im confused - when to induce flowering with SCROG?

That makes sense. So far, these plants really dont want to stretch at all, but I can easily add some extra support if needed. Thanks!

I had to start supercropping today as I won’t be adding a second screen my tent is almost filled all the way in I’m pleased with things

6 Likes

They look happy! :slight_smile:

Im now 9 days since I started 12/12. Well, maybe 12 days - I spent 3 days gradually changing from 20/4 to 12/12 .

They still are not stretching much and my screen is not quite full, but Im starting to see some little fuzzy’s on the bud sites! I started adding some CalMag yesterday and they seem to like that.

Here is how they look today.

10 Likes

that’s a nice even canopy, it looks pretty full though maybe just that one place?

1 Like

Its pretty solidly packed except for that one empty area front center. I maybe should have waited a bit longer to flip them, but they just didnt want to stretch much at all before the flip and still dont seem to want to do much. In fact, other than that empty area, most of it looks almost over crowded to me.

This is Northern Lights and Critical CBD from Nirvana and both strains are listed as short growing, so maybe thats why?

2 Likes

i think northern lights stretched most out of the 5 strains i had last round but it was a different breeder so who knows, it may still fill out yet

2 Likes

Thats an exceptional example of how a ScrOG should look! :thumbsup: :seedling:

4 Likes

Looking good for not having grown that strain before. It’s hard to guess how much stretch you will get. But you should get a bit more for a week or two, then the buds will elongate, and finally fatten up. :grin:

4 Likes

I see a happy ending to this!

5 Likes

Oh wow, that is a huge relief guys. I have been worried I was doing it way wrong.

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Looking beautiful @anon32470837. Once they stretch a little more, you may have the ability to pull a longer branch into the empty space. If it hardens off really good it might be tricky and you’ll have to be delicate bending it into place, but like pretty much everyone is saying, looks Ike you have natural scrog talents.

1 Like

Thanks @Kalgrae! I have a few that are reaching for the lights well ahead of the others. I recently realized that the stems seem to get much stiffer when they have just been watered and much more pliable when they get thirsty, so I may try that in a day or so. I just watered them last night, so they are all pretty stiff at the moment.

Im not going to push it real hard though. If anything, most of the space seems almost too full to me. Im going to do some trimming later today I think. Its getting to be a real jungle with the leaves.

7 Likes

I have been taking pics all through my grow, and (sometimes) I have remembered to take an over all pic of the tent. The other day I decided to gather all those ‘over all’ images and look at them in sequence to see how it was progressing. I wish I had planned and executed this a little better, because I wasnt very careful with the framing or angles on the shots. Plus it looks like I hold my cell phone at an angle most of the time!

Anyway, I decided to make a GIF and see how that looked. I thought it was kind of cool so I decided to share it with you folks.

Hope this works…

This is 18 days into flowering…

12 Likes

Looking great @anon32470837 , you have a nice set-up and you should pull some nice :+1: buds from those plants :seedling:… happy growing
Gaz

2 Likes

Thanks you sir!

and this is the other 15 chars…

1 Like

Such a great lil vid of the stages. Great work!

1 Like

Looks great so far man keep up the hard work

1 Like

How are they coming along?

Over all, pretty good I think.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the Northern Lights started showing burned leaves - like it was being over fed. At the same time, one of the Critical CBD started looking like it was being under fed! On both of them it wasnt all the leaves, just some of them. The other two plants looked happy as clams the whole time! Shortly after that, I switched over to Mega Crop nutes from the Fox Farms I had been using. All the new leaves look happy on all the plants now, but the burned and yellowed leaves from earlier have not gotten better. Still, I think they are doing fine over all.

Then three days ago I got up and it looked like 3/4 of my biggest colas were gone!!! Turns out they just got too heavy and fell over. I had to run some new string to hold them up. They are strong enough when freshly watered, but as they dry out, they sag over.

Here are pics from today. I think the runt in the right front will be ready to harvest by next week.

13 Likes

Nice growing @anon32470837. Looks like you’re getting close to a nice harvest. Cheers

1 Like