“Indoor strains” outdoors?

A lot depends on the genome. For instance, I grew an OG indoors and it began to develop P.M. So I moved it outdoors and it grew way bigger with more P.M. Not so with others. (Moby Dick, Dark Star, Strawberry Cough.) I’ve been growing outdoor since, because I can do it legally, saves many dollars and the plants are happier and get waaaaay bigger. Plus i get outdoors more and make a better connection with my plants.

3 Likes

This is the biggest factor i believe,well it’s knowing your environment over all.

You wouldn’t want to grow a afghani known for getting mold or something known for PM outside on the coast of cali, where you’d be safer growing those same strains in my dry Alberta summer.

Indoor/outdoor depends on the strain and location. I won’t ever be able to finish a sativa up here ya know

2 Likes

Oh Yes! Big Time!

It takes a few generations for a plant to adapt to a new environment, be that your backyard or an indoor tent.
One of the things I thought about when I first considered making seeds…
Another was weighing the possibility of accidentally dropping pest of mold resistance…

The major reason I want to be able to grow outdoors… to test that…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

This is all good stuff here fellas. Thanks!!

1 Like

You might try Durban Poison. It’s claimed to be pure Sativa, ( I question that) but it produces tasty buds around the end of August early September. Early buds make for more "UP’ later buds for more “mellow” effect.

1 Like

Definitely gonna put that on the back burner and research.I’m looking for photoperiod plants for my short outdoor season that I won’t need to light dep or finish in my heated garage.
This year my season was the may long weekend till the end of august.started the photos inside beforehand.
Who’s Durban poison would you recommend?

“Who’s Durban poison would you recommend?” Mine! :star_struck: I’ve been growing D.P. for a few years now…I think I got it from ILGM or Seedsman, not sure. PM an addy and I’ll send you some. I have regulars, 100% organic and I only grow outside. We have cooler nights (I think weed likes that) and summer days typically in the mid 70’s to low 80’s, though this year we were low 70’s to high 70’s with high humidity. One plant in a slightly shaded area did poorly. One in a sunny area was about 4 1/2 feet tall with loads of large, magnificently sticky buds. But with the high humidity and juicy buds she began to develop some bud rot, but no P.M. So i suggest good sun and good composted ground with maybe a little silica added for limb strength, fish ferts (not farts), a touch of magnesium or whatever you got that works for you.

2 Likes

That’s a very generous offer thank you so much!
I’ll shoot you a pm

I’ve been looking at Durban poison from “the landrace team” for a while now. Just haven’t had the extra funds to pull the trigger. The last pack I bought was some legendary genetics at an IG auction. I think I paid 40 for 10beans that were duds, the auctioneer felt bad so he sent me the last 9 beans he had. I’m in the Midwest, we also don’t have the longest outdoor season.

As long as you’re somewhere suitable to weed growing it should be fine, might want to go easy on the kelp, dense nugs are more susceptible to mold, mildew etc. but it’s a plant light, water, air and nutrition is all it needs it’s not gonna care if it’s indoor or outdoor.

yep. i dream of owning some land that’s nice and distanced from prying eyes & noses (even being legal i don’t want everyone knowing… lol). outdoor growing is just magic the whole season.

1 Like

The grass is always greener… in outdoor growing, even with well adapted plants you can lose an entire season to a few untimely hard frosts, a new and interesting invasive pest can make your area its home, PM can ruin a grow, someone can decide they want to run some ABC a mile down the road and pollinate all your plants with half-recessive stealth hemp seeds, etc. Indoor and outdoor growing are different, and both have advantages and disadvantages.

1 Like

I got this message this A.M. USPS Support bqqfkzqwapcfujtepfe@mailstings.com

To:thestoryplease@yahoo.com

Tue, Dec 14 at 2:40 PM

Dear Customer,
We were unable to deliver your parcel US9516789935279.

We require additional details to attempt to re-delivery this package. The address provided also appears to be incomplete.
Reschedule Delivery

When i click on it i get this: “DECEPTIVE WEBSITE WARNING” in big red letters. with trhis following message - Warnings are shown for websites that have been reported as deceptive. Deceptive websites try to trick you into believing they are legitimate websites you trust. Learn more…

If you believe this website is safe, you can report an error. Or, if you understand the risks involved, you can visit this unsafe website.

Is the addy you sent, correct? If so then i know this is bogus, but strange it would happen right after i put it n the mail yesterday. Hmmmmmmmmm…

1 Like

That email address sure looks suspicious to me, I would not follow any of those links. Log in directly to USPS and search there for your tracking number.

3 Likes

USPS does not send warnings that they cannot deliver.
It’s a scammer phishing for your personal info.

2 Likes

Definitely smelled phony. The thing that surprised me is they knew I had just mailed it, but it wasn’t a “parcel” it was a letter. Somebody must have a bead on my email.

1 Like

Hey man! That’s alarming I hope they didn’t get any information out of you!
I just double checked and my address is all good the one I sent you

My Mac saved me from going any further. I sure hope somebody isn’t tracking this site. In any case, you should be getting the card not more than as week I guess. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I have grown strains outdoors that have been bred indoors and have not noticed any difference other than density of flower and finishing time. On the other hand some beans that are listed for outdoors should never be grown indoors due to herms when grown indoors. Perfect example would be some freebie packs from Bodhi that will be clearly marked as outdoors on the label due to issues when grown indoors.

2 Likes