“Indoor strains” outdoors?

What’s your guy’s opinions, on “indoor strains” being grown outdoors. Do y’all think that they’re more finicky? By “indoor strains” I mean strains that Parents were developed indoors, so the offspring is also grown indoors and never outside. In a controlled environment

5 Likes

It will be fine bromigo…

4 Likes

Good temps, airflow, light and nutrients are all the plants care about. They don’t know if they are indoors or outdoors in my opinion.

6 Likes

I grew an outdoor plant indoors and Outdoors it grew dinosaur leaves indoor it grew medium to smaller sized leaves that turned purple.The morphology of the plant changes to its environment I think.Backwards of what your asking about but it has a relation.If something is bred for indoor specifically it’s tolerances and dependencies and specifications climatizes to indoors.Kind of sounds wierd but it’s coming out of my personal data experience so it could be different from what you have inputs and all.They still grew fine just looked a little different

4 Likes

the problem with outdoor is the plant gonna grow so fast and healthy, you will not wanna grow indoor again.

5 Likes

Thanks bromosexual!

Thanks everyone! I was just looking at abunch of seeds and a breeder. (I forget which one specifically) but they mentioned that their strains are bred indoor, for indoor grows. To his knowledge no one has grown his gear outside.

With that being said I’m assuming plants coming from let’s say Afghanistan or Mexico would probably do better outside. Due to their “dna/bloodline” is something that has been adapted to being outdoors vs plants like what the breeder described.

There’s no “indoor/outdoor” , that’s some 90’s dutch scene fantasy lol

There’s only poorly bred plants stripped of all their defenses in the name of muh pretty pictures :wink:

4 Likes

Sweet! We shall put it to the rest soon!

3 Likes

You might find bug or mold issues growing some ‘indoor’ types outdoors.
But generally they do fine.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I second Gpaw with the mold that totally makes sense

3 Likes

Eventually I want an outdoor area I can do test grows specifically to identify such issues :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

You know, before I pass out beans :pleading_face:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Hoop house or open garden?

1 Like

Good question…

I was thinking open garden, but hoop house would accomplish it as well and a little less ‘visible’.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I got a sack of beans from last time I visited Mexico in the state of Zacatecas. I got a bag maybe the size of half a ping pong ball? I wanna run them this summer but we shall see.

4 Likes

I haven’t grown anything indoors that I didn’t put outside, I do indoor all year but start in the late winter in another room start everything for my outdoor. Usually taking clones off the mothers and starting enough regular seeds to find the females. I like a variety.You can never have enough.

If a plant has been bred to be grown inside it will most likely do best being grown indoors with a consistent environment. If you take something like that and put it at the mercy of mother nature it probably won’t do as well. Unless you live in a tropical climate where you can grow in a greenhouse…

2 Likes

This is my same thinking

1 Like

How do you know if they are grown for indoor @corey?

1 Like

It should say so in the description. I would not take everyone’s word on that though. I would do some research on the strains that the breeder used to make said strain. Seedfinder.com has excellent lineages on strains. Find the line and research it. Is it a sativa, landrace sativa, indica, landrace indica? Both? Then figure out the climate of origin… for example if your in a northern state or Canada look for something that’s short indica or hybrid: indica × indica/sativa might even work… if your up north and wants a sativa high look in sativa autoflowers or super autos…
If more in the middle of North America say 38-40 degrees north in my experience you can grow just about any indica, hybrid, and a few sativas that have been bred with something from Afghanistan… if your on the southern border or near the equator you can grow just about anything…
I’m rambling. Look at the strains lineage and go from there, maybe contact the breeder and ask how many generations has this cultivar been bred inside/outside…
I know next generation seeds grows a lot of their stuff outside and I always liked them. Good plants and always matured for me by mid September so if your looking for a good seed and live further north I would start with them. That is if you want a seed that’s used to being grown outside. I think most new varieties nowadays spend many generations being bred out indoors imo hurts them for outdoor use. Take it as you will, just do your homework and you will be fine…

3 Likes