Instant messengers

With no phones within 20ft :sweat_smile: Siri, Alexa, and Google all recording everything. Gps chips powered even if phone is off. Have to remove the battery

Cannabis is legal in my country

Enforcement has dropped off a cliff in the states

I just talk to my friends on discord or here. Nobody’s getting busted like the 90s or 00s anymore

1 Like

Discord saves everything on the backend

They actively limit the amount of messages that can be deleted by the user, through a timer.

They have stated that it’s nearly impossible for them to address the exchange of CSAM through their service but will permanently ban entire accounts for using certain nono words.

All of that being said, Discord never claimed to care about privacy.

Signal is the best by far. If you get caught using signal, it’s because you didn’t use the tools provided in app for proper opsec/infosec.

2 Likes

There was a case about 6mths ago, the accused had bought secure communications for their activities, unfortunately they’re now doing 10 and 12 years in a max security jail.

Don’t forget if man can make it man can break it.

The wire season 1 holds true.

I would use Signal but as they require a phone number for registration the anonymity is wasted right from the start.
Even if the Feds are unable to decrypt Signal-Conversations … with the phone numbers they are able to connect the dots. When 2 People of the same scene both having Signal installed, they don’t need the conversations any more.

there are other methods but they require in person exchange of keys (identical books) and writing in code, then you can send it anywhere for anyone to see. impossible to decrypt without the key.

By the time the feds are looking into you, you’re already fucked.

3 Likes

If that’s the case where you’re at… presumably you would need to rotate through burners often and stay off of IM altogether?

People are right though, in the US, if you’re to the point where the federal government is looking at you that closely there’s already a problem.

1 Like

Message deleted by me