Instead of Gold Standard; Cannabis Standard

You know… for money we should make the wordwide currency cannabis.
Instead of gold standard; the cannabis standard.

That’s real value.

Imagine, being able to buy a bread with some grams of cannabis.
Buying a house with a truck full of cannabis.

Imagine when a truck full of cannabis has an accident.

“Fire fighters clean up horrible accident by smoking it up, together with entire city.”
Thousands and thousands of people in the streets; rolling blunts, joints, hitting bongs, making brownies.

This is a thread to help envision a world in which this is the reality.
What would it be like?

Airplanes dumping containers worth of cannabis into erupting vulcanos, getting entire continents stoned.

Instead of explosives; missiles and bombs are now filled with cannabis.

8 Likes

in a galaxy far far away if you had $$$ you didnt always have cannabis but…if you had cannabis you could always get enuf $$$$$$ for somew smokes and a 6 pac

2 Likes

Cannabis will get you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no cannabis.

6 Likes

Ahhh…the great R.Crumb

2 Likes

Do you have any more of your stash that you’re smoking tonight? It must be sooooo good. I can send my info and promise to check in after I come to. If I remember anything, I’ll post notes!

I love the vision, though, seriously.

2 Likes

Ricky from Trailer Park Boys had this idea. There was a whole episode about his hash coins :+1:

I love it @Rogue

2 Likes

Great minds think alike. :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t want to come off as greedy or whatnot whatnot, plugging only my own agenda, but I have an idea for a penny haze “grow spectacular”. With this, and the strain being attached to NFTs, this could eventually become $$$…with such a system in place, selling of hashes or grades of hash from strain become as simple as updating an NFT or block chain. Also in such a world, where cannabis “NFTs” are seen as $$$, everyone will want to jump on the next bandwagon of grading cannabis to be added to edibles etc…plus all products of the Penny Haze (hash), will be recorded and inventoried (if necessary and/or desired) so they will always be available. – can anyone say dividends?!!

" '24 Penny Haze Carmel Swirls"

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

I’d be the first to say you can use anything for currency… but one of the reasons the gold standard became a standard is because gold is fungible. A certain weight of raw gold is the same as that amount of any other gold, and it’s easy enough to melt down and reforge that we could do it in the Dark Ages. Tough to make that claim about cannabis.

2 Likes

Can we just keep NFTs away from cannabis. I thought the goal was to step away from the bullshit.

2 Likes

Weed related crime would go up, and with everyone growing their own currency, it would quickly become worthless. Look at how quick hemp sank as a commodity. Once we monetize something, even gold, that objects true value gets put in a chokehold, inflated and deflated in an economic tug of war, in which the object is merely the rope in the middle…

Free the weed of greed, it’s a gift, not for resale.

This is not a place to be serious people, I made this thread for FUN.

Add to this thread with dumb funny shit.
Light one up or have a fucking edible, this is a cannabis forum!!!

Loosen up, have fun with this.

1 Like

Oh, alright, time for a fatty! :joy:

Do you mean like a canna crypto or a tangible paper dollar?

I like the concept of going to a canna trade show with say 8oz’s.
Going table to table, maybe I gotta give 2 oz’s for one of your good ones ect.
Maybe you want to give extra for one of mine.
But I can come home with a bunch of different weed that way.
Thoughts?

That is the way it works on fantasy island.

1 Like

That’s more like it.
No money, no crypto, no nft, just BUDS.

Not a bad way to go about things if you can get it to work. :laughing:
Come give island living a try we would love to have ya, we got Buds, Buds, and more Buds. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’ve bartered with cannabis since 1973.
I’d swap some weed for beer at the local bootleggers place, riding my bicycle there. Hell each of us had an old pokey hole can opener tied to our handles bars.
When I started driving (with license and all) a friend worked at the gas station. Needed an inspection sticker with out all that silly paper work and shit, bag of weed!! Gas, bag of weed.
Getting groceries, we would wait for our friend to come on duty at an all night grocery store. We could fill up a shopping cart, full of items, bag of weed paid for it!!
We had a script writer doctor in our area, Doc I need to lose weight. He would write it up, prescription for speed, swapped for a bag of weed!
Fuck I could go on and on.
It’s been a source of income for thousands of years.

3 Likes

true so very very true

2 Likes

When i was a Dankster in the 90’s head nugs were worth more than gold…gold was $280-380 a zip headies could fetch $420-$480

Yeppers when you had $$$ you didn’t always have weed but……if you had weed you could always get $$$