Introducing Regular Emeritus

the 25% is almost impossible if you have a life outside OG

8 Likes

Hard but not impossible. The number of regulars (tl3) fluctuates around 80 - 100 members constantly.

Also for the sake of keeping sanity, the number of posts / topics to read is capped at absolute value:

• of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% => capped at 500
  • of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% => capped at 20,000

That is doable if you visit 5 topics each day and read 200 posts.

Check out user list to see how much posts people can read :slight_smile: . It is much more than that.

And btw, our total board activity doesn’t exceed capped values yet.

We recognize Regulars because they are members that have been following closely what the whole message board was up to for the last few months. There is high probability they have seen pretty much all significant guides, journals, projects and discussions so they know the context and can help others to orientate on the board.

12 Likes

there you go :flushed:

2 Likes

LOL, I’m in there twice :laughing:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Woah I need a life. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve lowered requirements for becoming Regular user effective today.

Topics viewed and posts read are now basically half of previous value.

• of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% => capped at 250
  • of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% => capped at 10,000

Big change is also that the Regular status will be granted for 6 months minimum. You won’t be demoted back to Member status if you don’t meet the criteria immediately but you have another 6 months to meet them again.

22 Likes

That’s amazing @LemonadeJoe , I know this was an issue for some so it’s great that you recognized that and adjusted the requirements. Thanks for looking out.

8 Likes

Great news, @LemonadeJoe. Thanks for making those changes. Of course, now our “Regular” club is going to get flooded. Are the requirements to be Level 4 “Leader” the same?

5 Likes

Hey bud, are leaders not manually selected by the team? I was not aware of any requirements as it is a manual promotion.

6 Likes

Hey bud, let’s see what LJ has to say. Perhaps they are still hand picked, but also - perhaps the req’s have changed.

4 Likes

Yes, once in a while we select few Leaders from nominees that are suggested by Team OG. Key values are respectability and attitude…

8 Likes

Bwahahaha!! I guess that rules me out :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

You too eh?

2 Likes

Evil Smile

5 Likes

The reason for lowering (or more precisely capping) reading requirement was the site growth and the confusion that it constantly caused because of ever growing number.

I’m also trying to address the critique that the promotion requires only reading but not the on-site activity.

For promotion to regular (besides reading requirement that was lowered) you now also need during last 100 days to post in more topics, get more likes for your posts and also to like other’s posts than before.

I’ve gone through bunch of profiles to see how the fit they regular status and tried to guess / estimate new criteria for activity benchmarks. But I’m sure that those considered Regulars will easily fit in. I’ll try to reassess and fine-tune it after some time…

18 Likes

Thanks, LJ. You didn’t have to take your time to provide us a peek behind the curtain, especially to the degree that you did, but it’s greatly appreciated - and helpful. You, sir, rock! :metal:

6 Likes

Thanks very much @LemonadeJoe . It must be difficult deciding on the criteria for this. Especially with things evolving around here the way they are. It is really great to know you are listening to people and not only taking their concerns to heart but also addressing them. I for one really appreciate all your hard work as I am sure everyone else does.

On a separate note I was thinking about auctions. I wonder what people think about not allowing participation until you reach TL2. The reality is you only need to visit the site for 15 days to reach TL2 so it’s not a difficult status to achieve. Now of course the other side of that is auctions are to raise money so I can understand why you would not want to leave any bidders out. It’s just something I have pondered so I thought I would bring it up and see what people’s thoughts are on the subject? What do you all think?

7 Likes

I believe the auction holder is allowed to set the rules for people to play

6 Likes

Yes that is true, just curious about people’s thoughts on it is all. Auctions are a pretty special thing to be able to do but are one thing people can literally just join up to be in. Being they are fund raisers I personally would not want to exclude anyone and think since they are putting out their money they are participating in the site. Just curious if folks here feel the same way.

4 Likes

Personally I think getting up to TL2 for giveaways and trades, but you’re paying for auctions and stuff doesn’t go out unless paid for. I think open auctions get people to be more active as well. Just my 2 cents :blush:

2 Likes