Introducing Regular Emeritus

Yes that is true, just curious about people’s thoughts on it is all. Auctions are a pretty special thing to be able to do but are one thing people can literally just join up to be in. Being they are fund raisers I personally would not want to exclude anyone and think since they are putting out their money they are participating in the site. Just curious if folks here feel the same way.

4 Likes

Personally I think getting up to TL2 for giveaways and trades, but you’re paying for auctions and stuff doesn’t go out unless paid for. I think open auctions get people to be more active as well. Just my 2 cents :blush:

2 Likes

Agreed. As I mentioned I would not want to exclude anyone with regards to auctions. Seems to me paying out your hard earned cash counts as participation as you are helping to fund the place. Thanks for the input, just want to make sure most on on the same page in this regard.

I would say that there is no need for TL2 for trading though.
If you follow the trade rules the person with the low TL sends first so there should be no issue with new people trading as they should not be getting seeds until their end shows. Now I have done a couple trades with new people and just sent their stuff right away but I look at it like lending money. Never give out more than you are willing to lose and than you are never disappointed. That said if I were going to send special or expensive seeds I might wait for a new persons trade first. Just depends.

7 Likes

Trust is a special thing. Fragile yet strong. :call_me_hand:

In the words of former President George W Bush,

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee—I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, ‘Fool me once, shame on…shame on you. Fool me—you can’t get fooled again.’”

:laughing:

9 Likes

This has all been discussed before. I don’t remember which thread, sorry. But a site wide search for “auctions” should find it.

I think the outcome was

• for commercial giveaways: sponsors do their giveaways for whoever takes part because they don’t give a damn how long you are here as long as you see their brand, hence all the winners that made an account yesterday
  • for auctions the person doing the auction decides who can take part
  • co-op seed runs have their rules in the co-op thread based on TL2 and 3
8 Likes

I tried that, comes up with over 100 threads, lol. No worries, I was just curious how people felt about it was all. I would like to think most agree with me about being inclusive to all but always willing to hear other opinions. :v:

4 Likes

I edited my post with what I remember. I think most people are just very tired of that discussion tbh.

5 Likes

Ok fair enough. I can’t speak to that since I have not had the conversation before. I was just surprised to see some against all being included in auctions. I did find a discussion in the private lounge but that is limited to those there. In the end it is up to whoever is putting on an auction to decide so if they choose to exclude some for whatever reason they can. I was just curious about those people’s reasoning as excluding bidders for an event to raise money seemed counter productive. Anyway sorry if I am rehashing some old topic, I just didn’t understand and I am a big “why” person. If it’s a topic of tension for some I am happy to let it end :v:

5 Likes

I believe it goes
Fool me once shame on you
Fool me twice shame on me

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m aware :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

IMHO if a basic user has already access to auctions, seed runs, giveaways and full trading there’s no purpose-gain-motivation to become a Member or even a Regular if basically there’s no difference or advantages between those levels … :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I’m not concerned what level I am lol

5 Likes

In my humble experience, concerning to generosity => top level … ejem|nullxnull

4 Likes

Your a top bloke yourself @George : )
We don’t need badges , we all know who’s who : )

6 Likes

I can see your point with regards to giveaways and seed runs. I just see the auctions as a different animal since you have to pay to play. Auctions are held to raise funds so I figure any users money is welcome in those cases. That’s just the way I see it though. I have a server fund auction going right now, I could not see saying to someone “you’re new so you cannot pay to help support the server fund”. As I say, that’s just my thoughts on it. I don’t expect all to agree and I do appreciate you adding your thoughts on the subject. :v: You’re a respected member and your opinion is valued.

7 Likes

I dont see no reason why you can’t say who does what on what level.
If they stick around they’ll have plenty.of chances and work on their attendance.
I can’t see driving up bids on people that’s been here for a while.
Frankly it’s bullshit.

4 Likes

I understand your point of view. My guess is auctions are also an excellent opportunity for us members to add to our stash precious seeds, many times grown by our most experienced members and cannot find them elsewhere.

Those seeds ending in strange hands in some way is frustrating and a loss for the community …

If it is just a question of money more auctions can be organized, people in OG is generous, but just for the people who earned first the right to participate by being an active member, a kind of reward for both parts: server and community … beer3|nullxnull

12 Likes

I can appreciate that point. I think you make a good case for restricting some auctions as a perk to those who contribute so much to this place. I think in some cases they should be open to all but also that some could be restricted. I do like the fact that the auction holder can make the rules so that does provide power to those hosting the event.

I see your point @OleReynard . There is no denying that if you stick around and contribute that this place will give back to you. I believe that you tend to get out of something what you put in but that’s just me. Thanks for sharing your opinion. You are another greatly respected member so I really do value your input.

8 Likes

So what does just member rate you for trust level? I’m around a fair bit and read a lot, post some but just have member in my profile.

Still on my first cup of coffee so might be a little confused. Bit too much RSO last night maybe. :slight_smile:

:peace:

5 Likes

Honestly I build trust through interaction so to me it doesnt mean much no matter anyone’s title. Just trusting based on site status seems pointless. I normally just try to trust people and than it’s up to them to keep or lose that trust through their actions.

7 Likes