Is it just me? Rant

Pacific Seed Bank has every big name under the sun in seed form. I’m skeptical.

I almost bought from them when I first started because they have “G13” seeds despite it being a clone that’s long dead.

4 Likes

As someone who stepped away from growing myself around 2007 and have recently just returned… I was very glad to see many strains I recognised on the Dutch passion website, og Kush, blueberry, white widow, strawberry cough, etc and many more.

4 Likes

Two things old genetics take alot of time and commitment to keep going and breed them to be stable over time or representative of what their name implys vs the crossing of the week, and two the market sells and moves the most with the whole what “hot or new or with most hype”, so sure the old lines should be around but for retailers and “breeders” its just not economical.

Like old muscle cars or classics, there cool and awesome but how many people will go out to say buy one and maintain one with all their old tech and daily drive it summer and winter and in all conditions vs just having it as just that reminiscent collectible they use on select weekends.

Also something to be said that something in our minds past when looked at in fondness is almost always better than what it actually was.

8 Likes

yeah, understood. you both make that same really good point. thank you.

i love answers that make me think, like yours. ty, man

3 Likes

I have a lot to learn but this helps. Thank you!

2 Likes

TOTALLY with you on this

If a lot of you feel this way, you’re just not looking around and not learning enough about the genetics. As has been pointed out, a lot of those strains are clone only. That said, most of these you can find S1, random fems, BX’s, IX’s, etc., not mention hundreds of crosses using the original clone where you could hunt for your gary. With many you can even find versions through white label manufacturers and brands. Lastly, things like a Gary clone are widely available, and can be had for 20-100 from reputable sellers

5 Likes

Hey Acro, thank you. Can I just say something? I could kinda get a sense of you shaking your head a little in frustration maybe, as you wrote this reply. Maybe you were, maybe you weren’t, that’s not my point. :slight_smile: My point is, you were a good sport and kind to people you probably could’ve schooled harshly, if you’d acted like most assholes online these days. Thank you for not. (Yeah, I complain to managers. I also tell managers all the good stuff, too. It’s how I improve the world. Weird maybe, but it’s mine.)

2 Likes

oh god :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

:blush:

1 Like

Smoke on this: Acapulco gold wasn’t a clone— it was a lot of plants mixed together :call_me_hand:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

It’s all fucked, man. Get the cuts/seeds while you can. Within a year you won’t be able to find a pure plant anywhere. And the name game, don’t even get me started lol

3 Likes