1986 Super Sativa Seed Club Calatog! Full Color Pics & Scans

I don’t know how many of you have ever seen this, and I’ve never seen it posted anywhere before. So for Flashback Friday - I give you a little glimpse of the past.
Front cover/insidefront/inside back/back cover It’s neat to see the growing styles and locations from back then. Sea of green aka ‘plantlet method’ was brand new. No such thing as a scrog. I left out the pages talking about rockwool and nutes for the sake of space.
Hope you enjoy.

50 Likes

And pretty interesting to see they are still around
https://supersativaseedclub.com/

9 Likes

It’s not the same though Toast… I hear some bad rumors. No direct experience so not going further and I hope someone will come along with firsthand experience to set me straight.

Thanks for sharing @Non_Profit

10 Likes

Hopefully…my bad if it isn’t as well, as I was going off the first search term with the same logo but yea…brines are different and copycats abound

5 Likes

Really cool, I’ll take one pack of each please lol. Modern breeders should take note of the prices, especially considering that selling seeds back then was incredibly risky!

6 Likes

This is so dope. Very interesting read especially how they worked the ruderalis.

8 Likes

Damn that pretty cool dude

5 Likes

This is awesome, wish I could grab a few of these still.

3 Likes

:clap:

Thanks for this!

I didn’t know William’s Wonder was that old! :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

My first seed purchase was from them in 1985/86. M39 and M23. M39 bred great skunk smell into all its crosses.

Times definitely different back then. Freaked out for weeks waiting for a knock on the door before they arrived.

10 Likes

That was part of my rationale for posting it. It locks down some strains and names to that year.

7 Likes

Originally released by SSSC. I love the added information. Like under WW they say “Two people could not finish a joint.”

5 Likes

Thank you for posting this.

37dd1eff34cdc386e2daa1ed81863e6b64c8944152c9744047f82e9f8b1df0a2

6 Likes

This is so bad ass. Some real cannabis pioneers right there! Thanks for posting! Would love to see others.

4 Likes

I wonder what they’d say about autoflowers NOW? :smirk:

LOL @ “ruderalis is a shit variety” :laughing:

'could look at this for at least a couple of hours… :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

They were at least honest in why they said they were shit. They acknowledge that if someone had the will to properly work them for a few years they could eventually get a stable potent variety, but they just didn’t have that want, to produce a stable potent auto flower.

4 Likes

Sorry to bump an old thread, saw this one and could not resist. There is a 99.9% chance I was the one who shipped those seeds to you. If you knew how anal I was about shipping you would have had more confidence (smile).

Also had to grin at @cannabissequoia 's comment about autos. Kees and I traded a conversation on them & ruderalis back then. Neither of us liked them at all – but not because they weren’t stable. More a political and open-source issue for us. One that continues now some close to 30 years later.

15 Likes

I was just typing you to get you onto this thread LOL. @OldSSSCGuy

3 Likes

I remember the seeds came in small manilla envelopes maybe 1"x2" with the strain written on them.

I don’t remember the letter or package itself. Too many years have gone by! They did come from overseas. I think the Netherlands if I remember correctly.

6 Likes

16ed7fe8df25dce80fe951e9958e75ef159e1b59b4f653749f9c67a618defdd9

2 Likes