Is Overgrow having security issues?

At least the Discord server was up.

2 Likes

On a personal note the site couldnā€™t have gone down at a worse time for me. I was in a position where cruising OG would have kept me occupied in the calm before the storm.

Also it got me fearful, as @Gpaw said, that it was happening all over again.

5 Likes

I could see that it was a certificate error, so I moved over to a browser that lets me control what I access even if there may be a threat.

That was my first thought, too, as when it went down so long ago the Canadian government took it over and there were similar errors. There used to be a sister site called Cannabis World and I tried there with the same results way back when.

This time I tried a Brave browser where I could go ahead and take the risk on an invalid cert and of course the site came up for me.

2 Likes

Same, and I discovered how incredibly irritating it is to try and delete old posts. After deleting like six posts it told me I had to wait 24 hours to delete any others.

That will certainly result in me posting fewer photos of certain types of content from now on. Actually, I think I might be done doing that altogether.

7 Likes

One should never post anything they are not comfortable with which will save deleting anything.

3 Likes

Quite right. I wish I had kept to that.

4 Likes

My mobile app is all fucky

1 Like

Same here. I even would wake up and refresh after I finally fell asleep. :eyes: :iphone:

I couldnā€™t get it to load on either of my browsers.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

next time clear your cookies, cache and browsing. when it comes up go to advanced proceed without certificate peace

Thank You! I am not sure what language are you speaking :laughing:
I thing stumbled into the Tech thread.
:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

I did all thatā€¦ no joy.

Somebody dumbed-down Firefox and removed the ignore that shit button.
Now thereā€™s no option.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

It worked on Microsoft edge, I didnā€™t try it on firefox

1 Like

I tried logging in a few minutes ago and got this:

I elected to connect without HTTPS, but remained in a cycle of trying to connect. I refreshed a few times and finally got through, and it was/is in HTTPS mode. Any guesses what happened? (itā€™s not a test - I have no idea!)

BTW - for those who donā€™t recognize that browser, itā€™s Tor.

1 Like