Trouble connecting to OG.. Bad certificate?

Ok Folks. What the hell is going on? I had to install a new BROWSER in order to get on the site. starting today, had no problem logging coming on last night, I keep getting a “Secure Connection Failed” under Firefox.

Did something change as to the certificate? Is anyone else having a problem?

1 Like

I’ve never had issues running it through chrome or my phone browser… could just be a Firefox thing

3 Likes

I have Firefox, Chrome and Opera on my laptop.
As of moments ago, all three browsers worked well.

2 Likes

All my browsers work properly… There were no changes in past days in our configuration.

There are no issues… (Overall Rating A+) see https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=overgrow.com&latest

6 Likes

No suggestions but as always if you have not already, reboot your computer, your modem/router and anything else between you and the internet.

1 Like

I run Firefox more than the others, and the only issue I have had recently is the site telling that it is in read-only mode and I cant post any comments.

I have to re-boot to fix it.

You have visited in the moment that we were doing automatic backup. It usually takes 5 - 10 minutes during which site is in read-only mode. No need to reboot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen as well about 2 weeks ago with Firefox. I installed Chrome and had no issues with the site, but I use Firefox almost exclusively, and the situation remedied itself within the day. I find Firefox gets a bit wonky when it needs to be restarted to update the browser.

1 Like

My old lap top would not connect to OG. It ran on Firefox. I downloaded crome still didn’t work.

Old devices may have problems.

On your Computer,…Make sure your Time and Date are correct

3 Likes

And this also is relative to your time zone/DST setting as well.

2 Likes

You are right…Thats true too

1 Like

This happened to me once before and it did fix when I cleared cookies and history and restart program. This time it didn’t work. Haven’t had a chance to reboot but will give it a try.

Installed a small browser in the mean time and it works so I can at least get on. Won’t install Chrome as they collect not only where you go in the browser, but it also burrows into your system ant tracks everything you do.

1 Like

I didn’t get locked out but I did get an expired security certificate warning as well yesterday

2 Likes

Likely the domain provider had a temporary hiccup and did not get the sites certificate updated on time. Most times this process is automated, every once in a while it requires manual interaction.

1 Like

Don’t see anything unusual in the cert chain. Maybe, coincidentally:

2/1/2019:

1 Like