404 Not found Not secure page when using Safari on Iphone

As above getting this error when typing in Overgrow web address on Safari/Iphone. Fine on laptop. Anyone know the score?

3 Likes

Most likely an issue with refreshing the security certificate for the site on your device. It should resolve on its own in a while assuming there’s no http links mixed with https.on this site. If not, clear your browser cache and try again.

As someone who’s worked in the web industry for more a decade, I recommend you to ditch the garbage safari app and install Chrome or Mozilla on your device and use it as the main browser.

3 Likes

I’m using safari on my iPhone to reply to this so nothing on my end.

2 Likes

something up with opendns caused me to have to unistall/reinstall firefox. edge wouldn’t even open the site due to my opendns use that must have merged with cisco and now the cisco umbrella is turned on and can’t be turned off that i can find and is blocking traffic to overgrow because of drugs. bullshit for sure. took me almost an hour to figure out how to get on the website. i was pissed as hell last night and this morning.

3 Likes

I believe it is isolated problem. I’d try well known methods:

1. Refresh the page: Sometimes, a simple page refresh can resolve temporary connectivity issues or any server-side glitches.

2. Clear browser cache and cookies: Accumulated cache and cookies might sometimes cause conflicts, resulting in a 404 error. Clearing them can help resolve the issue. Depending on your browser, you can usually find this option in the browser settings. After clearing cache and cookies, restart your browser and try accessing the website again.

3. Use a different browser: Try accessing the website using a different browser to determine if the issue is browser-specific. If the website works fine in another browser, then you may need to troubleshoot and reset the problematic browser.

4. Restart your computer or device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor connectivity issues or conflicts. Restart your computer or device, then try accessing the website again.

5. Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection. If you’re using Wi-Fi, try connecting via an Ethernet cable instead. Alternatively, you can restart your modem or router to refresh your network connection.

6. Disable VPN or proxy: If you’re using a VPN or proxy server, try disabling them temporarily. Sometimes, misconfigured VPN or proxy settings can interfere with website access.

7. Temporary disable firewall or antivirus: Firewalls or antivirus software may sometimes block certain websites mistakenly. Temporarily disable them, then try accessing the website again. Make sure to re-enable them once the troubleshooting is complete.

Please report back… Thanks!

2 Likes

FWIW I had a similar problem several times recently using Tor Browser on Android. Restarting the browser once or twice has helped so far. But this has never happened to me in several years (as far as I remember) until recently.

1 Like

Hi, tried all those numbers 1-7. Still getting 404 not secure message on Firefox and Safari on apple iphone 13 mini. Just fyi. I can log in on laptop so not bothered particularly but occasionally read stuff on the phone.

1 Like

Can you send me a screenshot? Either here or in PM.

That’s strange… 404 is a code for Not found.

Are you using the same ISP through iPhone and laptop?

My phone does it from time to time. Usually when phone has been turned on. It will show 404 . I just wait a minute and retype overgrow.com and it’s good to go. I have to delete data every now and then. iPhones store a lot of data from this site. I have a video game I play and it does the same thing. Your data get taken up. Your phone gets laggy.

This is likely the issue. Some major DNS provider is blocking the site. Lot of devices are using vpn’s or private DNS these days. Google advanced protection usually turns on Google DNS. Maybe one of those are blocking it?

I haven’t heard of DNS blocking. But it would be easy to troubleshoot. Just compare the DNS servers on both (working / not working) devices. And let us know the result. We can test if the DNS server resolves our site properly.

It is also easy to get around it, you can set DNS servers to any other set (Google, open DNS, etc.)

Our domain zone seems to be propagated properly:

DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool

It might be an ISP that’s blocking the access, though. Then you need to bypass it through VPN.

Btw, “Not secure” sounds more like an SSL certificate mismatch.

1 Like

set your dns servers on your computer to opendns, 208.something, and see the message.

Which one? I need complete IP address.

I’ve just tried this one:

OpenDNS Family Shield is especially geared toward protecting your family. 208.67.222.123 and 208.67.220.123 are our FamilyShield DNS servers.

We even pass through their “Family Shield” :smiley:

root@chimera:~# dig overgrow.com @208.67.220.123 +short
root@chimera:~# dig overgrow.com @208.67.222.123 +short

Bookmark the https:// version on your home page for safari, it’s trying to send you to the http version and not forwarding properly.

Also I have many DNS filters on my desktop and have never had an issue here.

3 Likes

those are the ones i had the other day and they wouldn’t let it through. it even had the cisco umbrella logo on it. i should’ve gotten a screencap of the message. i uninstalled and reinstalled and still got the message. not sure why it’s working now, may have been a misconfiguration they fixed and this is another issue.

1 Like

You nailed it! There seems to be some glitch I need to fix… Bear with me…

4 Likes

i wonder why cisco did that on sunday? i looked it up on their website and it says it’s still blocked.

1 Like

Redirect from http to https fixed… It should be working now…

5 Likes

Maybe tagged doesn’t mean blocked for everyone…

I’m still getting my DNS records from openDNS servers you mentioned correctly:

root@chimera:~# dig overgrow.com @208.67.222.222 +short
root@chimera:~# dig overgrow.com @208.67.220.220 +short

Flag is from 2008, so I’m thinking it’s some person who read a news report about the site being shut down, was a different time the same person who flagged that probably eats cbn gummies and hits the vape pen every night before sleep now.

1 Like